Chapter XIX: Heartbeat

Adrien's POV

The snow falls on the rooftops and the streets below. The full moon shines down to make the snow glow even brighter. It's been one month since the attacks on Paris, and Ladybug and I have helped with the clean-up and now we are back on patrol for akuma attacks that are around the city. Right now, the only thing that was on my mind was the date in April. The date that supposedly Hawkmoth has a huge attack coming that day, but Ladybug and I can't do anything, but mentally prepare ourselves. Hawkmoth has sent his akuma now and then around the city for our miraculous, but to no avail. He might just really need to try in April to get them with his huge attack. I perched myself on a gargoyle of Notre Dame as the snow fall in front of my face as I scan the city. Yet when I was in the middle of scanning, my eyes stop at one little bakery with Christmas lights on the balcony of someone who is now capturing my heart and attention. I haven't seen Marinette since the night of the attacks when I almost kissed her. I blush thinking about how close I was to her lips, and how my heart was ready to break out of my chest at the idea of her lips against mine. Oh gosh, Marinette only if you know how you make me feel. You make me feel things that I never knew could exist. At this point, my heart seemed to decide who it wants, but I am afraid of being crushed again. With that, I leap down the large cathedral and run on all fours towards the bakery. I then leap up on top of the roofs, and stop when I reached her balcony. My heart skipped a beat when I heard her hum a soft tune, it made my ears peak up as well with joy. Even though I don't want to interrupt her humming, I knock on the trap door as I brushed the snow to the side. Her humming stopped and I heard her shuffle around until the creaking of the trap door opens up. There she pops ups and I see her beautiful blue eyes that shine in the moon light and makes the snowy scene of Paris unmatched to her beauty.

"Chat!" She smiles widely as she waved her hand to come inside. She sits down on her bed as she waits for me to enter. Before I do, I shake the snow off my boots and then land on her bed with my legs crossed, while closing the door as I entered.

"Hello Princess." I said with a large smile. I grabbed her hand and kissed it while looking into her blue sapphire eyes. I released her hand at that moment, Felix jumps onto the bed and nozzles against my knee. "Oh hello there Felix." I smile as I pet the look alike cat on his head as he purrs louder.

"What are you doing out on this snowy cold night." Marinette asked me as she leans against the wall with her legs to the side.

"I was on patrol after a battle Ladybug and I had today. It was a pretty fast battle as I didn't need to use my catalism. Then I decided to visit you. I haven't seen my Princess since the attacks. How are you doing?" I asked as I leaned against the opposite wall with my tail beside me as Felix plays with it.

"I am good. That was just a scary night in general. I heard you playing the piano as Ladybug sang, that was beautiful playing. I never knew you could play the piano." Mari said as she covered her legs with her soft pink blanket. She was wear what appeared to be her pajamas that was a white tank top with pink pajama shorts. "That night I was more worried about you. I wanted to make sure you were ok." I felt my cheeks heat up and was so happy I was wearing my mask, so she didn't have to see my blush.

"Aww Princess. You worried about me?" I said as I looked at her.

"Of course I care about my Minou." Mari said with a bright blush on her face.

"I swear Princess, you make my heartbeat skip so much, you might need to bring me back to life with a kiss." I smirked.

"Well, then that will make you the Princess and I would be the knight." Mari smiled as she crawled over to sit next to me.

"Hmm, then I rather have you be the Princess so I could kiss you."

"All you have to do is ask." Mari said with a blush as she looked away.

"Wait what?" I said as I felt goosebumps chill down my arms and neck.

"Nothing! I said nothing!" Mari said as she then moved to the top of her bed and pushed her face into a black cat plushy. I couldn't help it as I let out a soft chuckle and I crawled over to her and moved away the homemade doll. Her face was a bright pink, even her ears.

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about Princess. I want to kiss you too." I said as I smile which made her blush even brighter. "That's only if you would let me kiss you of course. If not, I understand. " Mari looked at me as she tried to decide what to do. She looked away from me then back to me. Her blue eyes met my cat like green ones. With that, she gives me a soft nod. I smiled softly, but then relaxed my face as I was nervous and shocked that she gave me permission. With that, I reached my gloved hands to cup her face softly and stared into her eyes that sparkled like the snow outside. Looking between her eyes and her lips, I bit my bottom lip softly before returning my gaze to her eyes. I leaned in and so did Mari. Then at that moment my eyes closed slowly as then right when they were closed, I felt her soft, warm plumb lips against my cold ones. The kiss was soft, yet I could feel my love wanting to kiss her deeper, but before I could pull away to prevent myself from kissing her deeper, she pulls away. I open my eyes as my hands are still placed on her face. She had a bright blush on her face as she stares at me.

"Wow." I said as I smile and caress her cheek with my gloved hands.

"Wow is right. My heart is beating so much." Marinette said as she places her hands on top of mine.

"So is mine. Beating so fast. I kind of want to do it again." I said while staring at her. With that. she places her hands on my cheeks and pulls me close to kiss each other once again. We kissed deeply, but not for lust, but for love and passion. She is making me fall for her deeper, and at this moment, I only want her. I forget about everything else, and I am just here in this moment kissing her and thinking to myself on how beautiful this moment is. How beautiful she is and how my heartbeat is going to kill me with all this love.

Oh gosh...

I love her...