Chapter XXV: A Million Dreams

Adrien's POV

Having Mari close to my chest, I glide through the night sky towards her house. This chilly March evening, I couldn't afford to have Mari walk. She was silent as her worries seem to be fresh in her mind. After bringing her back to life...literally, she refused to go to the hospital, and just wanted to go home. Respecting my Princess' wishes, I lead her home quickly. Her clothes are soaking wet, and I have five minutes left on my ring before I turn to myself. A few more large leaps, I reach her patio. Never letting her out of my arms, I open up her door and jump in, and taking her right to her chaise. Setting her down quickly, I quickly go back to close the door before returning to her.

"Princess, we need to get you out of these wet clothes." I said with embarrassment. I don't want to make it seem like I am trying to get her undressed. Marinette looks up at me with her blue eyes, that darken after the evening that she endured.

"Y-You are r-right." She said as she lets out a small sneeze. She tries to stand, but her shaky legs prevented her, and she started to lean forward, but before she fell, I caught her, and held her close to me, and placing a kiss on her forehead before placing her on the chaise.

"Mari, please just stay there, I will help you." I stood up tall as I heard my ring beep. I have three minutes. Quickly, I go to her dresser, grabbing her warm pajama pants, that happen to be black, with green paw prints. Of course, I smiled. Grabbing a black tank top, and a large baggy, white sweater. I paused as I had a thought and before asking, I take a huge gulp. "Um...do you need a bra and panties..." Looking over to Mari, her face goes to even a brighter red.

"Um, just panties, I-I am going to leave the bra off." Mari said as she avoided eye contact with me.

My cheeks are a bright red, and I nod before heading to the draw that held her, panties, without looking, I just slide my hand in and grab the first one I felt, and shoved it in my pile of clothes in my arms before heading back to Mari.

"Here you go, Princess." I said handing her the clothes. "I am about to transform back, I need to get some cheese for my kwami, do you by chance have any? Also, are your parents here?"

"Yes, we have some cheese, and no, they went to a baking conference for the weekend. They won't be back till Sunday night. You are free to go downstairs, take your time to recharge." Mari said with a smile. "I'll sit here and change." She looks at the clothes I handed her.

"Are you sure you won't need help?" I asked as I hear another beep. One Minute.

"I-I'll be fine, if I need help, I will call for you, Kitty. Now go, before I see the man behind the mask." She smiles, and winks at me, before leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

Nodding, I wink back before heading to the door leading down to her kitchen. Closing the door, I slide down the stairs before sighing. "Plagg, claws in." Releasing my form, I stood there, anger running through my veins as Hawkmoth took it too far this time. He took someone I care about, someone I love deeply and hurt her beyond belief. I was so glad that Ladybug's kwami was there. If not, I don't think I would ever have found her.

"Adrien?" Looking to my side, I see Plagg, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Sorry, Plagg. I am ok. Let's get you some cheese." I said walking over to fridge, there I find a wheel of his favorite cheese. Placing the cheese on the table, I let Plagg begin to eat it. Looking up towards Mari's door, softly raising my voice, I call to Marinette. "Princess?"

"Y-Yes?" She said weakly, and with another sneeze.

'Where you able to change okay?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck.