Chapter XXVII: The Princess & The Model

Marinette's POV

"Marinette! Time to wake up! Your alarm has been going off for ten minutes already! You don't want to be late for school!"

"I hear you mom!" I yell back in order for my mother to hear that I am slowly getting out of bed. Monday morning. No one likes a Monday morning. Me. Today I hated Monday even more. Friday night is when I found out my own boyfriend is Adrien. I really still can't believe it and I still feel like it's just a dream, and I'm going to be waking up soon. However, that night he slept over, and it was Adrien, not Chat Noir, but Adrien. The boy I have had a crush on since the beginning of Freshmen year. Now, we are a couple, well not official.  Sighing, and rubbing my eyes, I head over to start preparing for the long day today at school. However, I just couldn't feel guilt within my chest about Adrien telling me about how he is Chat. My heart hurts, and I feel like I need to tell him that I am Ladybug. It's not fair that he doesn't know, and that is what kills me. We are together for three months, and Adrien has told me all his secrets, and I can't. I don't know if it's because I am scared on what he will think, or if I simply not strong enough in his eyes to be Ladybug. Then again, I feel like I have no need to tell him. However, is that right of me to do? To hide a secret as important from him that could possibly change everything between us?

"Marinette! Are you almost ready?" I hear my mother yell up.

Snapping out of my daze, I realized that I was already in a pair of light blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and Adrien's large black zipper jacket.  No one will know it's is since I wore it before, saying I bought it on accident, but really Chat gave it to me with his cologne on it. Now that I realized it, it's the same Adrien uses...I am so oblivious. Given that it's the end of March, the weather wasn't too cold, it's getting a little warmer, so this will be the best I can do for this weather. After brushing my teeth and placing my hair up in a tight bun, I head downstairs and kiss both my parents on the cheek good morning. My mother hands me a bagel with strawberry cream cheese on it, and I begin to eat it while sitting down on by the table. Sighing, I was nervous about going to school. My mind is still fresh with the reveal, but it's just not that I am sad, but mostly because I feel somewhat guilty about not revealing myself to him. Yet, I don't think I will. Also, I think I am very nervous about seeing him in public, I don't know how to act around him.

"Marinette? Are you okay dear?" My mother asked as she was sitting across from me, sipping at her morning tea.

Snapping out of my thought, I let out a nervous chuckle while nodding my head. "Yeah, I am okay, just didn't seem to get that much sleep last night. I was just tossing and turning, a lot is on my mind." Or maybe because I was up late battling another villain with Chat, and it took longer than expected.

"What's on your mind? You have a few minutes before you are needed at school, would you like to talk about it?" My mother asked in her sweet soft voice. She always knew that when I have a lot on my mind, and knew I should talk before I burst, and I really didn't want that to happen. Not when everything going on.

"It's about. The future. I guess I am scared of what is going to happen. Lately, I feel like everything is happening so suddenly. I never knew when I could breathe without feeling like I am going to take a few steps backwards." Finishing the last of my bagel, I wipe my mouth from any crumbs or left-over cream cheese on my face. I know my answer sounds very vague, but I just can't spill the whole beans to my mom about being Ladybug, and that my boyfriend is actually a super hero who revealed that he is also my best friend and the guy I had a crush on for years.

"The future is always scary Marinette, but you just have to remember that the future is something that no one can control but yourself. Also, it's always not certain that the present will be your future. Whatever you're scared about, it could be nothing to worry about a week, a month, or a year from now. that's the best thing that we look forward for in the future, it's all a surprise, but some details we can make come true. When I was your age, I always thought I was going to stay in China, and marry someone who was a businessman of a top company. I really thought that was my future. Yet, I decided to change my own future and follow another destiny that was ahead." Something about my mother's words really made me think that our future isn't really set in stone, and that yeah, we can be sacred of what an hour to a year will bring to us, but we still have our own duty to make the future our own.