Chapter XI: Do You Trust Me?

Adrien's POV

I pull away from Chloe's cold lips and move her to the side as I ran after Marinette, only to see the SUV driving away with her and Alya.

"They are heading back to the house." Nino said as he walked next to me.

"Good riddance! Now, Adrikins let us finish this shoot together."  Chloe said as she grabbed my arm and tried to pull me away. 

"No." I said as I turned to her and I felt angry, but I didn't want to lose my cool. I took in a deep breath. "You have no right to be here, and no right at all to say those awful things to Marinette and my friends. What is wrong with you Chloe? Do you only care about yourself that much you are willing to hurt anyone that is happy?"

"Oh Adrien you are so sweet when you are flustered. That kiss was amazing wasn't it?" Chloe said as she pushed herself closer and smiles. "Now, let go kiss again for the camera." 

"Actually, the camera is out of film. That is enough pictures for today." The photographer said as he packs up his gear. He nods at me, and he understood I was upset. I give him a small smile back and looked at Nino. 

"Let's head back." I said as I pull away from Chloe and picked up my bag and shirt. We started to head to the second SUV we had, but then Chloe steps in front of me.

"You can drive with us Adrien. I don't mind the commoner to come along. Oh, also, where are you staying? Maybe you have enough room for me and Sabrina." Chloe said as she winks at me.

"Sorry, all the rooms are full." I push passed her and got into the SUV with Nino. Close the door firmly I look up to Gorilla. "Step on it, and make sure she doesn't follow us." With that, he speeds away, a thirty minute drive back to the beach house, and thirty minutes to figure out what to say to Marinette. 

Thirty Minutes Later

Nino and I walked in the grand entry way. I finally had on my white lower collar tee shirt on. Ayla greets us at the door and sighs.

"Where is Marinette?" I asked her.

"She is in her room. She has been in there since we gotten back." Ayla sighed. I ran up the stairs and gently knocked on her bedroom door. 

"Come in." I hear her soft voice from beyond the door. Opening the door, I see Marinette laying under the covers looking at the door. Her beautiful blue eyes had a ring of red around them, and they were also puffy from the amount of crying she must have done. my heart breaks in two as I walk in, closing the door softly behind me. I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed as Marinette sits up with her back against the headboard.

"Hey. Are you ok?" I asked with a soft smile.

"No." She lets out a weak laugh. "I was just embarrassed by Chloe once again and I didn't even have the guts to stand up against her, once again."

"Chloe is just coldhearted and doesn't like to see other people happy without her. And if there are people having fun without her, she just needs to come and ruin the fun for everyone." 

"She is right though." Marinette said as she looks up at me as she pulls her knees to her chest. "I am just a peasant, a simple commoner that doesn't have a place with people like you." 

"Chloe is wrong about that, and has never been right about anything in her life. She claims I am madly in love with her, but I am not. That is because I am madly in love with someone else, but she doesn't know it. Marinette, you are stronger and braver than Chloe. Don't let her get to you, she isn't worth it." She looks up at me and sighs. I scoot over to her and place my hands on her face, and with my thumbs, I wipe the tears away from her cheeks. "I have known Chloe for many years, and she has always been like this. She will never change, and I see that her bitchiness has gotten worse. I know though, you are a better person and friend then she will ever be. Please don't let her get to you." I let go of her face and head to the door.