Chapter XXVI: Secrets Revealed, Lives Changed

Ladybug's POV

"You want to do what now?!" I shouted as Chat and I sat on top of Notre Dame. My eyes widen as his catlike ones revealed something, I never thought I would hear.

"Ladybug, I am being honest with you when I say that I was in love with you, but for the past three months, that changed. I don't know if it was because you always turned me down, or because the universe decided my heart actually belongs to this wonderful girl I fell in love with." Chat pauses as blush creeps onto his cheeks. "Two days ago, I almost lost her. Ladybug, I almost lost the girl I am madly in love with because of who I am. I am Chat Noir, hero of Paris, yet, I can't be honest with the one woman I love. She has the right to know, and I am going to tell her who I truly am. I am done hiding from her. She has the right to know, Ladybug."

I sat there looking at him in shock. He was being honest, one hundred percent honest. His eyes held truth and he couldn't hide this secret from her, from me any longer. How will this work once he spills the beans, but he really is the only one to have a reason to speak the truth, not I.

"Are you sure you want to tell her who you are? This is something big, what if, what if you guys break up? She could tell all of Paris who you are." I said with worry, but knowing I would never say anything if that ever happened.

"I don't believe we would break up, but if we did, she wouldn't. She is trust worthy, and at points she reminds me of you. When we argue she sounds like you at points, and does the same pout pose, but she needs to know. Regardless of how she may take it, I can't stand hiding something so important from her." Chat said with a sigh. "I know you always wanted to keep our identities, and I respected that for the past four years, never will I push you to reveal that to me, but I have to tell her. I am going to do it with, or without your blessing." Chat said as he stood up and looked down at me.

"I am not going to stop you, and I am going to respect your right to tell her. If you are truly in love with this girl, and want her to be safe, and believe this will be best for you two, then so be it. Reveal all you wish to her, but please don't force her to accept who you are under the mask, she may have fallen in love with Chat Noir, but under the mask is something completely different." I said as I then take my yo-yo and spins it. "Let me know how it goes." With that I swing away from the historic church. Time to clear my mind, and prepare it for the reveal.

Chat's POV

Landing on the rooftop of Mari's room, I let out a deep sigh. This is it, and this the day I tell Marinette who is really behind this mask. My ears flick and my tail swooshes nervously behind me. Letting go the breath I was holding in; I knock on the trap door and sigh.

"Come in, Kitty." I hear her voice call out to me. Lifting the door, I jump onto her bed, closing the door behind me. I look over the bed and I notice Marinette looking back up at me from her chaise she was sitting at, drawing sketches from her last-minute detail to her Ladybug formal dress for her application. Felix was sleeping in his cat bed next to the chaise. Pouncing down to the spot next to her on the chaise, I smile taking her into my arm.

"Hello Princess." Leaning into for a kiss, we share a tender moment before pulling away. She giggles and sets her sketchbook to the side table and she pets my hair. I let out a soft purr and smiles.

"Hi Kitty. How are you this evening? I wasn't expecting you to stop by, I thought you said you had a meeting with Ladybug." She said as she leans against me moving her hand to hold mine tightly.

"Oh, I did, it was a quick little meeting. We just talked about boring hero stuff, it might not interest you much, Princess." I said as my tail flicks more than usual. I lean down to place a gentle kiss on her head, holding onto her hand tightly.