4. Takao Kazunari: Mine

{Yandere AU}

"Wanna hang out today, (Y/N)-chan?"

"Sure, Kazu-kun! I'll be over in a few minutes!"

"Great! See you then, (Y/N)!"

Takao opened the second door on the right of the hallway and your jaw dropped at the sight of the room. The room itself was probably the size of your entire apartment put together and a bus-sized, circular table sat in the middle. Strewn all over it were platters full of assorted deserts and a monstrous teapot that still had steam floating out. Directly across from each other were large plates with teacups on sauces like it came straight from a movie set in olden-time England. You'd always loved those movies with dramatic knights flouncing around on quests and monarchs throwing balls every other day.

"Do you like it, (Y/N)-chan?" Takao piped up, bringing your attention back to him. "You've been going on and on and on about old time-y movies for the past six months. This is pretty nice, ne? Cleaning the chandelier was the hardest part."

You nodded and looked up. A gorgeous chandelier hung above your heads, the lights merrily twinkling. They gave off a soft, golden glow that replaced the room with artificial light, seeing as there was no sunlight coming from windows. Your stomach rolled, having no windows was like having no way out.

You loved to stare out the window and day dream, the soft trickling of raindrops sliding on the glass panes soothing you to sleep. The thought of rain made you relax your shoulders and the press of something bad happening began to ebb away.

Takao rolled his eyes as you gawked. "Don't just stand there, (Y/N)-chan! We have to eat this food. You wouldn't believe how much I had to spend on lucky items before Midorima helped me."

Mumbling your thanks under your breath, Takao pulled out a chair and gestured for you to sit in it. You stood there for a moment before processing the action and sat down, crossing your ankles. He pushed the chair in before sitting down across from you, his smile never fading.

"Don't your cheeks ever get tired?" You asked as you piled a mountain of pastries onto your plate. Your stomach was wailing a furious song of hunger as if you hadn't eaten in a year. "I don't know anyone else who smiles as much as you do."

"It's a habit I got from my Mom. She was always smiling no matter what happened to her." He explained, pouring the steaming tea into the fine china. In a quick elegant motion, his hands went from caressing the teapot to putting red velvet cupcakes on his plate. "Cupcakes are my favorite. My mom taught me how to make them when I was younger. It's the only food I didn't need Midorima to help me with."

"That's nice," You commented. You carefully picked up your teacup so the contents wouldn't spill and began to blow on the steam. "What's your favorite kind of cupcake?"

Takao tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows in thought, as if you had asked him a trigonometry question. "Huh, I never really thought about it, (Y/N)-chan." He paused. "Well, my favorite kind would have to be red velvet. It tastes delicious and red is one of my favorite of colors. Red is probably right after the shade of your lovely (E/C) eyes."

You froze, heat spreading up your neck at the compliment. Setting your teacup back down with slightly shaking hands, you started to pick at the star-shaped sprinkles lying on top of a chocolate-frosted cupcake. "I, uh, well, erm, thank you?" you stammered, avoiding eye contact. "I, uh, like your shirt."

He chuckled, lacing his fingers and setting his chin on them. "You're too cute when you blush, (Y/N)-chan. You've probably realized that I didn't invite you over here for no reason." His eyes slightly narrowed and his voice dropped a few octaves. "I have a proposal that you cannot turn away."