1. Nijimura Shuzo: Precious Property

{Vampire AU}

Your name was (L/N) (F/N) and you were the personal blood slave in the vampire kingdom of Teikou, serving directly under the order of the Prince next in line for the throne, Nijimura Shuzo.

Nijimura was a handsome warrior renowned for his intelligence and honor. He had black locks that seemed to be made of the night sky and dark eyes that reflected the stars. His pale skin made his features stand out even more and his build was tall and muscular, trained from years and years of practice. It was the dream of every girl in the kingdom to be his bride and one day rule alongside him as king and queen.

You were chosen to be a royal blood slave from the orphanage because you were told your blood was especially delicious. They told you it carried a wonderful aroma and the vampire who tried it to make sure it was good said you were the best thing she ever tasted. You began to work at the palace from the tender age of twelve, specializing in all tasks that helped the prince. Nijimura, to your surprise, treated you kindly and was always careful when he fed from you.

It was foolish but as time wore on you grew a crush on the vampire prince. His charm made your mortal heart swoon and you knew it was next to impossible for him to return your feelings. Even if he did the king and queen wouldn't let you marry and you would have to be turned into one of them.

Lately, a high-ranking knight named Haizaki Shougo has been giving you trouble. He would follow you around the palace and tease you and it was hard to get him to leave you alone. The first time he found you he was hiding from Nijimura because he skipped out on training new recruits. He was hiding in the broom closet and you were unfortunate enough to open the door to his smirking face.

Haizaki was infamous for switching through beautiful blood slaves weekly. He would take their blood sloppily and leave them ill then switch to another woman. Rumors had it he would even drink from others' servants but there was no actual proof he did it. You had a bad feeling it was only a matter of time until he was drinking from your neck.

It was dusk as you hurried through the royal hallways with a bundle of heavy materials in your arms. You were careful not to wrinkle the neatly folded pile since they were the prince's favorite traveling cloaks. The laundry maids had a ridiculous amount of work to do so you helped out and stayed with them longer than you intended to. He would be waking soon if he wasn't already up.

You liked to wake up early to see the fading lights of the day before night fell. Vampires were weak when exposed to sunlight so everyone was accustomed to working nocturnally. It improved your eyesight but you wished you could go outside during the day and travel without needing a lantern. To you, it was the greatest luxury a blood slave had to give up.

You were almost to his room when an arm shot out from a closet and pulled you in. Gasping, you dropped the cloaks and squeaked when a large hand clasped over your mouth. The door locked behind you and you were pressed against a wall while trying to fight the grip on you. Your worst fear was confirmed when your eyes adjusted and spiky ash-colored hair and narrowed silver eyes stared lustfully at you.

"You really are something, aren't you, (Y/N)?" Haizaki chuckled quietly. He ran his pale finger up your waist to your chin and held you in place. It was a fruitless attempt for an unarmed human to try to take on a vampire.

"What is it, Sir Haizaki?" You demanded. Your polite tone was laced with venom and you glared at him with all your might, hoping that maybe, just maybe, it would intimidate him.

He rolled his eyes at your attempt and cocked his head to the side. "I told you to call me by my first name, (Y/N). Didn't I make that clear last time?"