4. Aomine Daiki: Your Bad Day

To be honest, you felt like crying out of frustration.

You found out a little too late that there was a power outage so your alarm clock malfunctioned. When your dad finally woke you up, you barely had any time to get ready because Mother Nature had surprised you early. Since you were out of time, you didn't eat and was almost late for your first class after sprinting through the morning downpour of unholy rain. Your teachers decided to make your Monday worse and assigned mountains of homework along with a pop quiz in science.

To put it bluntly, you were having a bad day.

So you decided not to take your chances with the lunch room and slunk up to the roof top. It was still drizzling, but luckily there was a tarp with a couple benches under it. You plopped down on one of them and took out your sandwich and devoured it in a few hungry bites.

Just as you were grabbing your precious chocolate bar from your lunch, you heard a groan of distaste. Frowning because you knew the voice, you let out a sigh when you heard it coming closer.

Great, just the person you didn't wanted to see at the moment.

"Satsuki needs to shut up with all her lectures. Homework isn't that important." The bluenette grumbled. The door swung open, revealing the dark-skinned slob of Touou. He blinked when he saw you then frowned, irritation clearly evident on his features. "What the hell? Why are you up here, (L/N)?"

"I didn't feel like putting up with people today, Aomine. Today's not my day." You grumbled bitterly.

Honestly, you usually got along well with the basketball player. The two of you hung out a lot and had little problems with each other. However, you didn't have the patience to talk to Aomine at the moment.

You hoped he would see your antisocial aura, but apparently he didn't or he was completely ignoring it. He plopped down next to you to shield himself from the rain and stared up at the tarp, watching the raindrops slide off of it.

"If it's a guy that pissed you off, tell me and I'll beat him up." He offered nonchalantly, as if threatening to fight somebody was no big deal.

You rolled your eyes and snorted, "It wasn't a guy. It's the world."

"Fighting the world is too much work," Aomine muttered.

"Lazy," You teased, feeling your pep come back.

It was like in slow motion when Aomine softly elbowed you and your grip on your chocolate bar loosened. The half-opened treat fell from your hands and flew onto the damp pavement, landing in a puddle. You watched with wide (E/C) eyes as it was promptly ruined and your last strand of patience snapped.

"AOMINE DAIKI!" You screeched, pushing away from him. "YOU PIECE OF CRAP! CAN YOU JUST STOP BEING STUPID FOR ONE MINUTE AND PAY ATTENTION TO OTHERS? I SWEAR TO GOD YOU'RE ONE OF THE DUMBEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET!"

Unwanted tears sprung in your eyes and you furiously wiped them away. Why the hell were you crying? Stupid hormones, stupid day, stupid Aomine! It would be so much easier if everyone just kept quiet and left you alone.

"Jeez, sorry," Aomine frowned, scooting away from you. He looked away, not liking how guilt gnawed at his stomach.

You immediately felt bad. He didn't do anything wrong, it was an accident. What was wrong with you? You made one of your best friends depressed because you snapped at him over just a little chocolate bar!

Sighing, you wrapped your arms around Aomine and rested your head against his shoulder. He stiffened at your touch, but you didn't catch the movement. Your eyelids slid shut, preparing yourself for your apology. Wow, you were a terrible person, weren't you?

"I'm sorry, Aomine," you apologized. "I've just been having a really, really bad day today. You didn't rdo anything wrong. I blame the Earth for making me feel like shit."

Aomine was quiet. Too quiet. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked up at him where he was staring straight forwards in thought. Maybe he accepted your apology and was just being bashfully uncomplaining?

"Is it that time of the month?"

"WHAT?!" You cried, pulling away. Your face turned red and you punched his shoulder, ducking your head away from him. "What's wrong with you?!"

Aomine was unabashed by his actions and continued, "I was just asking. When Satsuki gets emotional like this it's because blood's pouring out of her va-"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" You wailed, covering your ears and shaking your head. "I'm not hearing this from you, Aomine!"

"Let's just stop talking about it." Aomine said, rolling his eyes.

Silence fell upon the two of you again so you began to dig through your lunch bag. You pushed aside a baggy of carrots and let out a small gasp. A beautiful red package of chocolate Pocky sat at the very bottom of your lunch and you let out a small giggle. How did you forget about it?

"What is it?" Aomine asked curiously, leaning forwards to see into your bag.

"It's Pocky! I forgot I even had any in here." You chirped, taking it out. You ripped the packaging apart, eyes shining brightly as it unveiled the treats inside. "Do you want one?"

"Sure," Aomine smirked. He grabbed the package form you and turned away so you couldn't reach it.

"Aomine!" You whined. "You're not being fair. I want some, too."

"Play with me first. It'll cheer you up," He placed a piece of Pocky in his mouth, his sapphire hues shining with amusement. "Don't chicken out, (L/N)."

You looked away for a moment, debating what to do. On one hand, you could slap him silly until he gave you back your precious Pocky. But then you could also participate in the game and pretend his smolder doesn't affect you. Your confident best friend happened to be your crush and this could be a chance to confess to him...

Eh, it wasn't like your day could get any worse.

"Fine," you quietly agreed.

You gingerly took the other end of the Pocky in your mouth, face hot and eyes cast downwards in embarrassment. How could you play the game with him staring at you the whole time? Both of you both began to quietly nibble on the ends of the treat, slowly but surely closing the gap between the two of you. You shyly looked up and saw that Aomine had his eyelids squeezed shut and his cheeks were hot pink.

He looks so cute~ Does he even realize how adorable he looks? It's too bad he's not like this all the time. You smiled, holding back a giggle.

You snapped out of your thoughts when Aomine's lips met yours. Inwardly screeching in surprise and joy, you squeezed your own eyelids shut and awkwardly moved your lips against his. He responded positively, drawing you closer to him by your waist and you wrapped your arms around his neck. His tongue slid against your bottom lip and you opened your mouth and met his tongue.

You honestly had no idea how long the kiss lasted until you pulled back, gasping for air.

"That's an interesting game," you panted.

Aomine held up another chocolate-dipped biscuit and grinned. "Want to play another round?"

"You're on." You laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're terrible at updating regularly clap your hands! *claps*

Sooooooo did you guys see that the KnB light novels are going to be animated and released this fall? I'm so hyped for it like you don't even understand ^o^

Lots of love, Cora-chan <3