3. Hanamiya Makoto: Love's a Game PT 1

As you laid there in bed with tears streaming down your face, you cursed his name. He was awful. The worst human being you've ever met. Hell, you knew that before you even started talking to him. Everybody told you he was nothing but bad news, but you brushed them off. You told yourself they didn't know him like how you did.

A whimper left your lips as you curled into a tighter ball under your mound of blankets.

Why did you think you could change him? How could your conscience betray you like that?

You choked back a sob and closed your eyes only to see his face in your mind.

You hated Hanamiya Makoto. You hated him.

*\(^o^)/*

Many months before you grew to hate Hanamiya, you honestly didn't mind him. You went about your days at school without much hassle and only heard rumors concerning the basketball player. A girl in your homeroom would always complain that the black-haired "brute" antagonized her whenever they crossed paths because he liked to get reactions out of people.

"Why don't you ignore him?" You asked the girl.

She narrowed her eyes and puffed out your cheeks. "You don't understand, (Y/N)-chan. Once he becomes interested in you, he doesn't stop."

The guy sitting in front of you overheard the conversation and turned around. He laid his head against his hand and said, "You're talking about Hanamiya, right?" The two of you nodded. "He has a bad rep. I heard people from other schools call him a spider because of how twisted he is."

You frowned. A spider? That was harsh, even for high school. Barely anybody liked the eight-legged creatures and calling Hanamiya one was rude. Your kind, innocent heart decided right there and then that you would help the poorly nicknamed guy out.

"He can't be that bad," you argued. The girl and boy gave you weird looks. "Watch, I'll show everybody that he's not a bad person. He probably just acts this way because of how people treat him."

The girl paled upon hearing your declaration. "That's a bad idea! He got his nickname because of how he acts."

You refused to listen to her babbling and crossed your arms across your chest. Everybody deserved second chances. You didn't see why Hanamiya should be excepted from that rule. That's why right after class was over you marched to the gym and poked your head inside to see the infamous man himself.

The first thought that hit you was, wow... he's a lot hotter than what I thought he was.

Your eyes followed him as he dribbled across the court with a confident smirk on his face. He moved with ease and precision, neatly sliding past his opponents with the basketball in his grasp. The point guard swiveled around a boy with fluffy hair that hid his face and took a shot... and made it. You smiled and clapped.

Hanamiya came to a standstill upon hearing your clapping and set his gaze on you. Interest flickered in his dark gaze and an idea formulated in his brain. He waved his teammates away then walked up to you and crossed his arms over his chest

"Who are you?" He inquired.

"I'm (L/N) (F/N), it's nice to meet you!" You greeted, bowing properly and grinning.

He nodded. "What are you doing here, (L/N)?"

You didn't see the point in beating around the bush. "I came here to meet you!"

Hanamiya quirked an eyebrow—now you really had his interest. "Why do you want to meet me?"

"I want to be your friend."