1. Male!Momoi Satsuki: Bridges PART ONE

The air was tense and silent, preening eyes watching the two at the front of the class. You glanced down at your slightly crinkled script, already knowing by heart what was coming next. The flamboyant pink-haired in front of you knew that, too.

"Raku-kun, you shouldn't say such things. You know the consequences your actions will cause." You read aloud. You remained true to your inner actress and made your voice wobble and face fall. Turning away, you pretended to choke back a sob and held your hands to your chest. "I think it's best if we stop seeing each other. I would never forgive myself if you were hurt by my father."

The pinkette grabbed you by the shoulders and spun you around, embracing you in a hug. "Don't worry about me, Yui-chan. I'll be fine. You already know nothing can take me down."

"There's a terrible difference between a school bully and a man with a gun!" You cried. Moisture began to gather in your eyes and you hung your head and whimpered. "Please just stop this, Raku-kun. I'm begging you."

He tilted your chin up and smiled sadly. "I could never stop loving you."

You hesitated on your next line for a fraction of a second and grinned back at him. "I love you, too."

"CUT!" The director of the play, Kashima Midorin, yelled. He tossed his scarf onto the chair and stalked over to the two of you with complete and utterly disgusted expression. "Momoi-kun, (L/N)-chan, I expected more of you. You two are the best of our school's theater yet you act like middle school beginners."

You sweatdropped and took Momoi's hands off of you and walked over to Kashima with a matching frown. "I'm best at tragedies and Momoi-kun's specialty is comedy. What made you think that we would be the perfect fit for the lead roles of a dramatic romance?"

Kashima wrapped his arm around you and held his hand out, staring into the distance as an unseen vision danced in his eyes. "You need to expand your horizons! I'm trying to help you, too. Imagine yourself accepting your awards in front of millions of viewers with everyone chanting '(L/N)-chan! (L/N)-chan!'" He snapped out of it and glared at you. "That's why you need to ace this scene."

"Why are you picking on me?" You cried, pulling away from him. You stuck your hand out at your partner and gave Kashima an incredulous look. "There's another person here, Kashima-kun."

"Momoi-kun doesn't look like he's contemplating on suicide when confessing his love." He sassily retorted. He shoved the script into your hands and rolled his eyes. "Keep on practicing. You can barely say 'I love you' and there's still the kissing scene to go over."

"THE WHAT?!" You shrieked, all color leaving your being and your soul floating out of your head.

"Haven't you read the script all the way, (Y/N)-chan?" Momoi cooed. He bent down to your level and smirked. "The scene after that we kiss, we kiss at the party, and then it's the cue for the ending of the play."

"Kashima-kun, please let my understudy take my place." You pleaded. You fell to your knees and took his hands in yours, already working up your best tears to aid your saddened features. "Please, I'm begging you."

Kashima snorted and tossed your hands off of him. "You're stuck with the part. Even if you go into a coma you're still playing Nozaki Yui."

You groaned and looked up at Momoi with narrowed eyes. "I hate you."

"Don't worry, the feeling's mutual." He hissed. His happy exterior was gone and he walked away from you, calling over his shoulder, "Let's practice tomorrow at my house. I don't want your terrible acting to ruin the play."