3. Kasamatsu Yukio: Fiction vs. Reality

Kasamatsu swore he was going crazy. He was going absolutely mad, and not in a good way either. He wanted to pin the blame on Kise, but that would be wrong. For the first time in forever Kise wasn't the one making him question what exactly is normalcy.

You were driving him insane.

Last month you told him that you were joining a brand new club that your friend thought up. He didn't think much of it. After all, he had no reason to. A club was just a club. Kasamatsu figured that all the club would do was make you show up later than usual to his practice and the two of you would walk home like normal.

One day you accidentally left your phone with Kasamatsu when you two were eating lunch together. Being the good boyfriend he was, he decided to give you your phone back before practice. Kise would be relentless in teasing him if he showed up with your adorable (F/C) phone in his hands. Knocking the ace out within the first twenty minutes wouldn't reflect well on his role as the captain.

The third-year furrowed his brows in concentration as he searched for your club's room. You told him what floor it was on, but he failed to remember what the number of the room was. He'd poked his head into every classroom only to flush red in embarrassment as confused underclassmen gawked at him. It made him cringe just thinking about it.

Kasamatsu stopped dead in his tracks when he heard your melodious laugh floating out of an opened door. There you were. He spun around and sped into the room, careful that he didn't accidentally slam the door open like how he did before with some of the other rooms. What he saw when he entered the room confused the living daylights out of him.

You and a cluster of six other girls sat down in a half-circle forming around a television set. Animated men screamed their hearts out as they played basketball, leaping at incredible heights to dunk over their opponents. A particularly attractive character appeared with (F/C) hair and you squealed at the sight of him, clapping enthusiastically. The girls beside you burst into giggles at your enthusiasm.

"My bae~" You sang, pointing at the character. He'd just stolen the ball from the opponent and you were swooning. "So talented, so handsome, so perfect~"

"Even better than your boyfriend?" One of the girls teased.

You rolled your eyes. "Real life and anime is different."

"What if (F/A/C) showed up at school tomorrow?" Another pressed.

Kasamatsu didn't want to hear your answer. He cleared his throat and your and your friends' heads turned to his direction. The basketball player felt heat creep up his neck as some of them gasped then held your phone out to you.

"You forgot it." He said. Short and simple. Straight to the point. Easy to understand. Unlike whatever the hell's going on right now.

You bounced over to your boyfriend and took your phone in one hand and his hand in the other. "Thanks, Yukio-kun! I didn't even notice I left it. Who knows what could've happened?"

"You're welcome." He said and glanced at the clock. "I have to go to practice."

You pouted as you let go of his hand. "Aw, fine. Have fun~"

Kasamatsu nodded and left the classroom feeling strange. He couldn't pinpoint the feeling in his gut. Something about you praising another guy and singing about how perfect he was rubbed Kasamatsu the wrong way. He face-palmed with more force than necessary, accidentally leaving a red mark on his forehead.

I am NOT jealous of a cartoon character. He thought, crossing his arms across his chest. That's ridiculous.

His mind replayed the memory of you oh-so fondly complimenting (F/A/C) and his frown deepened. That ruined his day (and the rest of the Kaijo basketball players — Kasamatsu spared no mercy during their drills.)