1. Midorima Shintarou: Attention Span

You never considered yourself a clingy person. Well, that was before your best friend - and crush - began to spend more time reading his book than talking to you.

Midorima was glued to a book series about who knows what (he always put book covers on them) and always had it in one hand with his lucky item in the other. You were not so subtly glaring at the book he held as you ate your sandwich. Your gaze flickered to his lucky item - a chocolate bar that Takao tried to eat earlier - then to yours, a stuffed snowman. Ever since you met Midorima in elementary school, he told you about Oha-Asa and brought you your lucky item every day.

You looked back at his face and held back a dreamy sigh. His shiny green hair was neatly trimmed, ending above his strong jawline. Those thin, pink lips that you swore were petals that fell off of a cherry blossom and placed themselves on his mouth when he was born were in a straight line. Eyebrows with better game than yours were slightly furrowed in thought. Those glasses sat on top of his straight nose, blocking a clear view of his emerald hues framed by long, dark lashes by a crystalline barrier.

Midorima's eyes flickered up and narrowed, a pink blush covering his otherwise pale cheekbones. "Why are you staring at me, nanodayo?"

"I'm not staring," you grumbled.

You put the remains of your sandwich back in your lunch bag and grabbed your bottle of juice. You gritted your teeth as you tried to open the cap, but the stupid thing wouldn't budge. Your irritation was beginning to peak to where you wanted to throw your drink out of the window but a bandaged hand grabbed the bottle away from you. Midorima opened it with ease and handed it back to you with an indifferent face.

"Whatever," you snorted. "I loosened it, anyways. You just happened to get it at the right moment."

Midorima rolled his eyes and picked his book back. No! You just had his attention and you wasted it! Operation: Get the Megane's Attention Back GO!

"So what are your plans for today since practice is cancelled?" You questioned quickly. A stomach flu was going around school and most of the basketball team had it so the coach called off practice for the rest of the week in hopes it'll clear up.

The bait worked! Midorima sighed and pushed his glasses back and sat down the book and fully turned towards you. "I have to babysit my neighbor's cat since she's vacationing in Guam for three weeks. We've had it for a day and it hates me, nanodayo."

You fought back a giggle, knowing perfectly well that the greenette had a terrible history with the cuddly felines. "I'm sure it doesn't hate you, I mean-"

"This morning I bent down to get my shoes and it scratched my arm." Midorima stated in a huffy tone. "My parents are taking my sister out to dinner with her friend's parents so I have to stay home and watch it."

"I can help you," you offered immediately. "I love cats!"

Midorima frowned. "You won't love this one, nanodayo. It's provoked by the smallest things and will probably hurt you."

You rolled your eyes. "What's the worst that could happen?"

*\(^o^)/*

Shiro was the cat's name, and he was absolutely lovely. Ten minutes after your arrival Shiro slunk out of a room and you tackled him with a high pitched squeal. Soon enough he was sleeping in your arms and Midorima just muttered something about (Z/S) being ranked first today. He was fat and fluffy with white gorgeously soft, long hair that was extremely pleasant to pet. His eyes were a golden amber and a steady purr similar to a motor engine rumbled in his throat. You nuzzled your face against the feline and proceeded to snuggle him on the couch with a disgruntled Midorima beside you.