2. Himuro Tatsuya: Public Proposal

2.  Himuro Tatsuya: Public Proposal

You watched from the sidelines beside Masako as Yosen’s basketball team practiced. The team of giants never failed to amaze you by their skills and their effort. You watched all of them, but you unintentionally stared at one player for an extra amount of time.

Himuro Tatsuya, Yosen’s English-speaking heartthrob, captured your heart. At first you just liked him because all the other girls did. He was good-looking, kind, and gentlemanly. It wasn’t until the two of you were assigned as partners in cleaning up after school that you got to truly know him. Masako (she’s your neighbor) offered you to be the manager of the basketball team and you agreed without thinking since he was a part of it.

“If you keep staring at him like that he’s going to notice.” Masako sighed, rolling her eyes.

You immediately averted your eyes away from Himuro and blushed. “He wouldn’t be able to tell from here, would he?”

“Someone’s going to notice if you continue to gawk openly at him like that.” She replied. Her eyes narrowed and she pointed her bamboo sword at the half-heartedly jogging purple-haired titan and yelled, “Pick up the pace! I see you lagging, Murasakibara!”

“Masa-chin is mean.” He mumbled loudly as he passed.

You grabbed Masako before she beat him and laughed nervously. “Calm down, Masako-san! We still need him for the Winter Cup and he can’t play if he’s in crutches.”

Masako huffed and glared at his back. “He’s lucky you saved him, (L/N)-chan.”

You laughed at her strictness and caught the attention of Himuro. He smiled when he saw you giggling, your (E/C) eyes twinkling with mirth and pink lips curved upwards as you tried to calm down the coach. Murasakibara looked at his shorter friend and matched his pace.

“You like (Y/S/N)-chin.” He said straightforwardly rather than asking.

Himuro glanced up at him and raised an eyebrow. “Why are you saying that?”

“Because (Y/S/N)-chin likes you, too.” He replied in the same bored tone. “She asks me about you when she talks to me and she always stares at you. Aka-chin said that I can use information like this for blackmail and people will give me snacks.”

Himuro’s smile grew and he chuckled. “I’ll buy you snacks after practice.” A plan formulated in his brain and he smirked. “Actually, I need some favors from you and the rest of the team.”

“Sounds like a lot of work.” Murasakibara grumbled. “Don’t wanna.”

“I’ll buy you as many snacks as you want.” Himuro offered.

Murasakibara perked up and practically sparkled at the mention of food. “Okay.”

                                                                           *\(^o^)/*

“PUT ME DOWN!” You shouted.

Murasakibara took another bite of his candy bar. “No.”

You groaned and continued to wriggle in his grasp. Murasakibara came to your classroom right after the bell rang for lunch and said you had to come with him. You asked why and he threw you over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and carried you down the hallway. Your face was burning in humiliation as people pointed at you and whispered.

“You don’t have to be so loud, (L/N)-chan.” Fukui snorted.

You glared at him from your position on Murasakibara’s shoulder. “Did you plan this?”

“No,” he smirked. “Someone else did and you’re about to find out who.”

You gulped when Fukui opened the doors to the cafeteria. The loud chatter died down and it became so quiet you could hear a penny drop. Murasakibara placed you on a chair in the center of the room and you looked around the room for any evidence of what was about to happen. Your friends giggled at you and your best friend winked and gave you a thumbs up.

The curtains on the stage swept open and your jaw dropped. A big banner saying ‘Tatsuya + (Y/N) = <3’ hung down in pinks, reds, and purples. Himuro stood in front of the stage with a mic in his hands and girls squealed when he smiled. The rest of the Yosen team stood behind him and he looked straight at you.

“(L/N) (F/N), the first time I talked to you it was because you dropped your pencil and I handed it to you. Our first real conversation was when we became partners in cleaning up our classroom.” He began, slowly walking around the stage.

“You became the manager of the basketball team not too long after and I got to talk to you every day and learn more about you. I started out attracted to you but before I knew it I was in love with you.”

Himuro sent you an ovaries exploding smile. Your face turned bright red and other students squealed and cat-called. It felt like your cheeks became molten lava and you hid your cheeks with your hands.

“I know this is a lot to take in and this is a spur of the moment thing. But,” Okamura threw a couple basketballs and they rolled across the stage. “It took some balls to do this.”

Everyone, including you, laughed at the corniness. Himuro handed the mic to Liu and him, Fukui, Okamura, and Murasakibara opened their jackets with words on their undershirts.

“Will-“ He handed it to Fukui. “You-“ Onto Okamura. “Date-“ Murasakibara’s turn. “Muro-chin?”

Everyone turned towards you and started screeching at you to say yes. Guys stood on tables and whooped and hollered while girls swarmed towards you and pushed you onto the stage. Your best friend blocked the exit and you shyly walked towards Himuro and took the mic from Murasakibara.

“Yes.” You answered quietly.

Cheers erupted simultaneously, deafening anybody within a ten mile radius. Himuro smiled at you and tilted your chin up and leaned down. Your eyes became the size of the moon and the fire from your face seemed to flare within your whole body and everything became really hot.

“I’ll treat you well, I promise.” He murmured, barely audible over the noise.

You tilted your head and gave him a closed-eye smile. “I’ll do my best, too.”

Himuro couldn’t hold himself back anymore and captured your lips in his. Electricity ran down your spine and fireworks exploded as you kissed back. The ecstatic screams, if even possible, became louder than before. You giggled and pulled back and he hugged you to his chest.

He bent his head down and whispered in your ear, “Let’s go out to eat after practice, okay?”

“Sounds great,” You agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is on the short side but I tried to make it as fluffy as I could :3

This actually happened at my school during a pep rally. A guy asked his girlfriend to homecoming in front of everybody and everyone went crazy. During this I was thinking while he was talking was that I could use his idea for a oneshot XD

The winner of the 1k+ vote contest is.....

The2ndTeikoManager with her Akashi entry!

I picked her because she gave a good explanation and I remember her being with me for a long while. She supported my story when you couldn't even find it when you searched "Kuroko no Basuke" on this site. Akashi was also a popular choice, but I have to give it to The2ndTaikoManager.

The 3k-5k will be posted after the Kise Ryouta oneshot after this one, so please be patient because it's almost triple the amount I typically write ^o^

Lots of love, Cora-chan <3