Chapter 3 | first win

McKayla's POV:

"Rock and roll brother," I say to him, poking my head through his window. "Stay safe out there," I add giving him a fist-bump.

"Will do sis." He replies strapping himself into his seat. I pulled up his window net and walked back to his pit box to join Bubba and Kaylie. Last night, after I settled down, I found out Ryan was apart of the 2016 rookie class with Chase. I was kind of happy for Ryan. He has a lot of talent, and I'm glad someone saw that talent.

"There she is!" Bubba exclaimed as I climbed up to the top. I grabbed my scanner from Alan and sat down between Bubba and Kaylie. "I heard you had a run-in with Ryan. Are you okay?" Bubba whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I whispered back. "How did you know?" I asked.

"Ryan told me." He replies. I nod, and put on my scanner, changing it to Chase's channel. "He's really changed McKayla, just give him a chance to explain is all," Bubba adds after a while.

||3 laps to go||

"Come on Chase!" Kaylie and I cheered. "No!" Kaylie and I suddenly exclaimed as the caution came out for a wreck in turn three.

"Hard into the inside wall is the 21 of Ryan Blaney." The announcer exclaims. They showed a replay, and it looked like Kyle Larson got to the back of him, and got him loose. "Ryan Blaney climbing out of his car. Glad he's alright. Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we are going into overtime. We're looking at a green-white-checkered." The announcer adds.

"Not pitting, stay out Chase." Alan radios in.

"You sure?" Chase questions.

"Yes, trust me," Alan replies. I watch as the 21 car rolled onto pit road, and take a sharp left turn towards the garage.

'Go check on him' my heart said. 'Don't even dare. He'll think you still care about him, and you don't.' My head said. 'But you do care about him' my heart said.

"We're going inside lane Chase. Inside lane for the restart." Alan reports. Pit road opens, and only three lead lap cars came down. Chase stayed out with Dale, Joey, Austin, Jimmie, Kasey, and Kyle Larson. After pit stops were done, they started to line up in their order. "Pace car is off," Alan adds.

"GO CHASE!" Kaylie and I cheered louder. We both stood up as Chase jumps the restart on the first line. Dale spins his tires, making it so Chase got ahead. Austin passes Dale with one lap to go, taking second away. Chase never pulled away, so Austin was practically at his bumper waiting to pounce.

"AND CHASE ELLIOTT WILL WIN HIS FIRST SPRINT CUP RACE AT RICHMOND!" The whole 24 pit box erupts with cheers. Alan gives us a thumbs up to go onto the track. After Chase did his burn out and got out of his car, Kaylie and I run across the infield.

"We're so proud of you!" We exclaimed hugging him.

||Victory Lane||

"Chase Elliott earns his first Sprint Cup win. You guys had a little struggle on pit road in the early goings of the race, but you guys came back. Describe this day overall." The reporter asked.

"It's unbelievable, it feels amazing to finally get my first win. I just gotta thank the guys for working on the car this weekend, and just not giving up on me. And having my friends, mom, dad, and especially my sister here made this weekend better overall. McKayla never really makes it out to my races, so I'm pretty happy she was here for my first." Chase replies. After interviews, Chase did pictures with the crew, couple with Kaylie, couple shots with mom, dad, and me, and one with just him and me.