Chapter 10 | unture intentions

McKayla's POV:

"Ryan!" Chase calls out as we heard the door open up to Ryan's motor home. "We need to talk about something!" Chase called out again. I looked over at Ryan, he paused the movie we were watching and let out a loud sigh.

"I'll be back," Ryan says setting the remote down next to me and walking out of the bedroom. This weekend we are at the Monster Mile, Dover. Ryan and I got to the track about over an hour ago. Tomorrow is full of practices, and interviews for Ryan so we were making the most of our time together. Then he qualifies on Saturday for Sunday's race. It got all the sudden got really quiet out there and curiosity got the best of me. I sit up and pressed my ear against the bedroom door.

"I know, she's totally fallen for me. She thinks I still love her.." Chase whispers loud enough for me to hear. My eyes widen, and I gasped. Was he using Kaylie?

"Man, I don't know if you should be doing this to Kaylie. Kaylie really does love you. I don't get why you are using her for more attention." Ryan whispers back in a yelling tone. My heart broke. Why was Chase doing this? Why did he just use Kaylie?

"It's not like your doing the same thing to my sister." Chase fires back.

"Oh my god, Chase! I'm not using your sister! I really love her, and I never stopped! And the fact that you would be okay with me using McKayla makes me sick! She's your sister for crying out loud! What the hell man!" Ryan explodes still somehow keeping in a whispering manner.

"What the hell!" All of the sudden hearing Kaylie yell slamming the door.

"I was thinking the same thing!" I said coming from the bedroom. I crossed my arms, and stood behind Ryan, staring over at my brother. Kaylie was over on the other side her eyes burning through Chase's skull. "Why in the hell would you use Kaylie just to get more attention!" I exploded at Chase, but Ryan catches me by the waist before I could reach my brother.

"Kaylie-" Chase suddenly becomes pale. He turns around to face her.

"Don't Kaylie me!" She explodes. "Don't even ask me to be vulnerable with you if you don't even have the intention of protecting me or loving me!" She yells at him. "I always had the feeling you were just stringing me, but you would do something to change my mind to think you really did love me. We are through!"

With that, she walks out. I didn't really know what to do at this point or to say. I walked back into the bedroom without saying another word.

To Kaylie✨: Hey, I'm sorry for what happened with Chase. I swear I just found out about this tonight when I came out. We should have a girls day tomorrow if you'd like. Love you!

From Kaylie✨: I know you didn't have any part of this. I hope you and Ryan are okay after it. It seemed a little tense between you too before I left. And I would love a girls day :)

To Kaylie✨: He's still out talking to Chase about something, but I think we're good. What time tomorrow?

From Kaylie✨: Lunch maybe? Then after we could go shopping or whatever. And can I stay at your place tonight?

From Kaylie✨: Yeah, that will work. And sure I'll be over to help you get your stuff.

I stand back up and slid my phone into my back pocket. I walked out and Ryan and Chase both stopped talking. I walked past them and headed out towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Chase asks.

"None of your business Chase. You can drop the protective brother act now. I've had enough of you." I snapped, slamming the door behind me. I feel like my world was slowly falling apart. I've lost connection to Starr, Brittany, my dad, and now probably Chase. Life was perfect just a few months ago. Once Ryan came in, it all started to fall apart... Maybe this was a mistake?

"McKayla wait!" Chase calls out running towards me. I started walking faster, but he eventually grabbed my hand and spun me towards him. "McKayla, please." He says in tears. "I never meant for any of this to happen."

"Chase, I really don't give a shit anymore. Think what you think. Believe what you believe. But I just remembered I cared when no one else cared. And I was there for you when nobody else was. If you want to throw your own sister around like trash, then I'm not going to stop you. The fact you didn't genuinely care about me hurts a lot. I really honestly don't know where my brother went, but I want the old Chase back." I say trying to get out of his grasp. "Let me go, Chase! I have to go help Kaylie pack her things up." I state.

"What?" He says shocked.

"Why are you so surprised by this? You think she would just play along and let you use her? You guys are through. Done. You just lost the greatest thing that's ever happened to you, and just possibly lost your own sister." I say before I left him there. "Hey, Kaylie let's get going before Chase gets back," I say opening up the door.

"Okay." She replies. I grabbed a couple of bags, and she got the rest. I locked up Chase's motor home, and we started walking back to Ryan's place. In the corner of my eye, I see Chase leaning up against a motor home, hands in his pockets, just staring at the ground. I felt bad because he was my brother. But yet he kinda deserved it, if you all get what I'm saying. I pull out a key and unlocked the door.

"Ryan," I called out.

"Yeah?" He asked walking out of the bathroom.

"Kaylie is staying with us for the night," I replied sitting down her bags by the couch. Ryan nods and walks into the bedroom. "I'll go get some pillows and blankets for you." I smiled walking to the back. I walked into the bedroom, and Ryan was on his phone. I opened the closet door and grabbed a pillow, and two blankets. I walked back to the living room and set them down on the couch. "Here you go," I say.

"Thanks McKayla, for everything." She smiles hugging me.

"No problem. Tomorrow it's just you and me for the day. No boys." I sternly commented. We both burst out laughing. "Night Kaylie." I smile.

"Night McKayla." She smiles. I walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind me. I changed into some spandex, and one of Ryan's shirts. I laid down next to him and laid my head on his chest. He shuts off his phone and wraps his arm around me.

"So, you're not mad at me?" Ryan asks.

"No, why would I be?" I asked.

"Because I knew that Chase was kinda using Kaylie and his feeling weren't true towards her." He questions.

"Well, how long did you know?" I ask.

"I found out yesterday." He replies. "I didn't really know how to bring it up into a conversation and tell you." He adds.

"Then I'm not mad." I simply state.

"You're taking this better than I thought you would." He says.

"I'm not letting something like my brother's mistake tear us apart. This could've been a way worse situation. I don't care how many times I have to remind you, but I will over and over again. It's you and me forever, and nothing is gonna come in between."