Chapter 25 | forever & always

December 21st, 2016

McKayla's POV:

The bright Hawaiian sun shined through the curtains. I waked up and instantly frowned. I sat up, and Ryan wasn't beside me. I stand up and stretched out. I walked up to the coffee table in the room and picked up a note.

'Morning sweetheart, planning something special for you tonight. Pick you up at 5'

I smiled and got dressed. I did my makeup, and as I was about to start on my hair, there was a knock on the door. I put down my hairbrush and walked over to the door. I opened it, and there stood a lady with a tray of food.

"Order for McKayla Elliott?" The lady asks. I didn't order anything. Strange. Maybe Ryan ordered it for me?

"That's me." I smiled as she handed me the tray. "Thank you so much." I waved as she walked away. I closed the door behind me and set the tray on the table. I picked up the card, and read it out loud. "Fact of the day: Did you know we started dating on this day way back in high school? Love you sweetheart." I smiled as I read it, but he knows I hated surprises. I quickly went back to braiding my hair and went to sit down to eat.

From Ry😍🤘🏻: Missing you sweetheart 😘

To Ry😍🤘🏻: Well, if you miss me that much you should come back 😉😘

From Ry😍🤘🏻: Don't tempt me now 😏 you can wait for a few more hours. It'll be worth the wait, I promise 😘

To Ry😍🤘🏻: Fine 😞 it better be. Love you!!!

From Ry😍🤘🏻: It will 😉 love you more sweetheart!!!

Ryan's POV:

"Hey Hunter, thanks for doing this. It means a lot to me." I say greeting Hunter. Hunter Hayes was one of McKayla's all-time favorite country artists. She's absolutely obsessed with him. When I found out he was in Hawaii the same week as us, I gave him a call and asked a favor.

"Hey, it's no problem. I owe you a favor anyway for showing me around Daytona last season. I'm more than happy to do this for you. I heard you and McKayla's story, and it's truly inspiring." Hunter comments.

"Thank you. It took a lot of changes and sacrifices to get to this point, but I'm glad McKayla and I are here now." I smiled.

McKayla's POV:

"Who knows what he's up to. He just left a note saying he'll pick me up at 5." I say looking back at the clock. Since I had time to kill, I decided to Skype with Hannah and Chase. "So, what have you guys been up to?" I asked.

"Nothing much, just been chilling at home most of the time. A couple stops at HMS every now and then." Chase replies.

"We've been thinking about flying over to Georgia in a few weeks, and seeing your parents," Hannah adds.

"You guys sure about that? Aren't mom and dad still pissed at us?" I asked.

"I don't know honestly. I got a text from mom asking if I was doing okay, I replied, but then she never answered me back. Has mom or dad tried to contact you?" Chase says. I shake my head. "I wonder why." Chase questions. I just shrugged.