Chapter 15 | new beginnings

McKayla's POV:

"I can't believe we're graduating today!" Hannah exclaims. "Oh my gosh, that dress looks so good on you," Hannah comments as I walked out with my pink dress on.

"Thank you." I smiled. "You picked out a beautiful dress." I pointed out her blue sleeveless dress. Today, Hannah and I finally graduated from college after four extremely long years. I will admit, I am going to miss it. I finished getting ready and then grabbed my cap and gown. "Alright, I gotta go meet my mom, dad, Chase, and Ryan outside. I'll see you soon." I waved. I walked out of the dorm building and see families already gathering together. I see mom, dad, Chase, Ryan, Bubba, Austin, and Hannah's family all standing together.

"Oh, my baby girl is graduating." Mom exclaims crying. She pulls me into a tight hug, trying so hard not to cry more. I hugged my dad, then Chase, Bubba, and then Austin.

"Proud of you sweetheart." Ryan smiles pulling me into a hug. "Love you."

"Thank you. I love you too." I smiled back. We take some pictures to waste some time before the ceremony. I take one with my parents, then one with Chase, my whole family, one with Bubba, then Austin, and then I took a separate one with Ryan. "Alright, I better go get lined up. I'll see you guys after." I waved. About 30 minutes passed, and the music finally started to play. Us graduates marched down the aisle of the auditorium to our seats.

"Thank you all for coming out today to celebrate the success of these students. As their professor, I really couldn't be any prouder of them. Their overall success will take them so far in their lives, and careers to come. I would like to invite the Public Relations/Communications Class of 2016 Valedictorians, Hannah Jones and McKayla Elliott." President John announces. Hannah and I stand up and walked up the stage to the podium.

"The day has finally graduates. We've made it! After four long years, we have somehow survived the ups and downs of college. I personally couldn't have gone to a better college than Stanford. The memories I've made here will never be forgotten. With a small class like ours, We all have grown with each other and can trust each other to come to each other in times of distress. And I would like to thank President John, who has been with us for the past four years." Hannah smiles.

"There are so many unique people who make up this Class of 2016. I'm very grateful for the opportunities Stanford has given me allowing to grow personally and professionally. There is no doubt that Stanford is the place to be if you want to strive for excellence." I ended our speech. Diplomas started to get handed out after our speech.

"And last but certainly not the least McKayla Elise Elliott, graduating with highest honors with Public Relations and Communications major with an emphasis in business." I stand up and accepted my diploma. "Congratulations McKayla." President John smiles shaking my hand.

"Yeah, buddy! That's my friend!" Bubba exclaims out loud for everyone to hear.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"It is my honor to present to you the Stanford Class of 2016!"

||Skip to Reception||

"We're so proud of you guys!" Dad exclaims as Hannah's family sits down at our table. "And Erik, Chase, and Ryan have a gift for the both you." My dad adds. Erik and Chase hand Hannah an envelope, and Ryan hands me one too. Hannah and I both looked at each other and then opened it up.

Dear McKayla,
I have heard an earful about you thanks to Ryan. From what I hear your determination, passion, and love for the sport of NASCAR is unbelievable. Your passion for Public Relations hasn't gone unseen or unnoticed by us. McKayla if you accept, we would love to have you our main Public Relations employee for our current occupant driver Ryan Blaney.
Sincerely, Wood Brothers Racing

"Oh my god!" Hannah and I exclaimed at the same time. "You go first! No, you go first!" Hannah and I said again at the same time.

"I got a job at Hendrick with your brother," Hannah exclaims.

"I got a job with Ryan." I smiled.

"Oh, I have another gift," Ryan says hand me a small square box. I opened it up and pulled out a house key. I looked over at Ryan and then to my parents. Just to make sure I knew where this was going. "Mac, I was wondering if you would like to move in with me?" Ryan questions.

"Oh my gosh, of course yes!" I exclaimed.

||3 Hours Later||

"Can't believe it's over." I sighed looking at the empty dorm room. I packed up my last box for Ryan to take out to his truck. I grabbed my phone, the last box, and then walked out downstairs. "Kennedy, there's my dorm key," I said handing to our dorm advisor.

"Thank you! Have a nice summer!" She smiles.

"Here's the last box." I sighed handing Ryan the box. We walked out towards the parking lot. I couldn't believe it was all over.

"Call me when you get to Charlotte, and get moved into Ryan's place," Hannah says pulling me into a hug.

"I will." I hug her back. "Come visit any time you want," I add.

"I will, I promise." She replies

||Next Day||

"Home sweet home," Ryan announces pulling out his keys. He swings the door, sweeps me off my feet. "Next time I'll be doing this is when we get married and buy a house." Ryan smiles. I smiled back, as we sat down on the couch. "Do you wanna go over to the shop first or unpack for a little bit?" He asks.

"Probably unpack for a bit," I replied.

"Okay, let's go get some boxes then," Ryan says. We walked outside towards his truck and grabbed all of the boxes I had. I didn't have that much stuff, so it didn't take that long. After all the boxes where in Ryan's apartment, I went back down to go get Doug.

"Come here, baby." I motioned him towards me. He trots across the seats and jumps into my arms. "Good boy." I smiled. I locked up Ryan's truck, and walked back into his apartment, or should I say our apartment.

"Hey buddy." Ryan greets as I set Doug down. Ryan then walks over to me and takes my hands into his. "Ready to start our new life together?" He asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I smiled.

"I love you M."

"I love you too Ry."