Chapter 7 | sweetheart

Ryan's POV:

"Well, I'm glad I came." A soft and sweet Georgian accent says.

"Huh?" I asked turning around. "McKayla! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed pulling her into a tight hug.

"I'm off of school now." She smiled looking into my eyes.

"I've missed you," I say smiling.

"I've missed you too." She smiles back hugging me again. A crew member calls me out, that it was time to take pictures. I take ahold of McKayla's hand and started walking. "Ryan, I'm not going to intrude on your guys' pictures." She says to me.

"They'll be fine with it," I replied jumping on the stage.

McKayla's POV:

He reaches his hand over to me, and I hesitantly take it. The crew makes room for me to stand next to Ryan. Ryan wraps his arm around my waist, and I did the same. Photographers snapped a few photos, then finally crews came to clean up. "Hey, I gotta go see my brother. I'll see you later." I wave.

"Okay, see ya." Ryan smiles. I walked out of victory lane, and back to Chase's motor home.

"Hey bro, congrats." I smiled hugging him from behind. "I'm proud of you," I added releasing him. He turns around and smiles

"Thanks sis. It means everything to me that you're here." He smiles hugging me again. "Hey does Kaylie know you're here yet?" He asks. I shake my head. "Well, she should be here anytime now. She went out to catch up with some old friends."

"I gotta go do some interviews at the media center. You gonna be okay here?" Chase asks grabbing his phone and hat. I nod. "Alright, see you later sis." He waves waking out. I sighed and slid my phone out of my pocket, and checked social media.

Ryan Blaney has requested to follow you

I accepted his requests on Instagram and Twitter then plugged my phone in to charge. I decided to go to Ryan's motor home and catch up for a bit. I knocked on his door, but there was no answer. I finally swing the door open, noticing it was unlocked all along.

"Ryan?" I called out closing the door behind me. "Maybe he's in his bedroom?" I questioned walking to the back. "Ry- there you are." I smile walking in.

"Hello." He says looking up from his phone.

"What's up?" I asked falling on my stomach on the bed.

"I'm just really tired." He sighs running his hand through his hair.

"Then take a nap," I suggest.

"I can't fall asleep tho." He whines. I laughed at him. "What are you laughing at?" Ryan raises his eyebrow.

"Nothing." I giggled.

"Yeah, sure." He rolls his eyes rolling on top of me. "Man, you sure are comfy." He breaths out. I laughed my head off, trying to get him off me. My face was pressed against the mattress, and my arms trying to push him off somehow. "Oh come on you can do better than that." He jokes.  

"Ryan." I laughed out. "Get. Off." I laughed in between breaths. He finally rolls off me, and I started to calm down. "Thank you," I added wiping away a few tears. Once I calmed down I noticed something. "You still have it?" I questioned gently grabbing his hand. I look a the side of his finger and saw his 'McKayla' tattoo. And then compared it to my 'Ryan' tattoo on my finger.