Chapter 8 | unapproved

McKayla's POV:

"Yeah, I'm just worried about what dad will say once he finds out." I sighed helping mom clean the dishes after supper. I was visiting home for a couple of days before I headed back to Charlotte with Chase, then over to Dover.

"I think he'll be mad for a while, but he'll get over it. When you do tell him, I'll talk to him and I'm sure Chase will too. Ryan has really changed over four years. Once your dad sees how happy you are, he'll be happy too." She reassures me.

"I sure hope so. When is dad gonna be back again?" I asked drying a plate.

"Umm in about an hour or less." She replies as the doorbell rung.

"I'll get it. It's probably Chase's pizza that he ordered." I comment rolling my eyes. "Chase your pizza is here!" I yelled up the stair as I walked towards the front door. I unlocked the door and swung it wide open.

"Did someone order a pizza?" The man asked, the guy was dressed not like any ordinary pizza guy, and his voice was so low it sounded almost fake. It almost looked like Ryan, but he was back in Charlotte doing media stuff all week. I nod and pulled money from my back pocket. "No need ma'am, a kiss on the cheek will do." He adds.

"Umm, I'm sorry I have a boyfriend," I say starting to feel uncomfortable. "Can I just have the pizza please?" I asked holding out the money.

"Well, I see how it is. Don't wanna kiss your boyfriend and all." The guy says removing his sunglasses and fake mustache. "So, I'll just leave." He states.

"Oh my god, Ryan! Don't scare me like that again." I say punching his arm.

"Oh come on! You still love me." Ryan says laughing his head off.

"Fine. I still do, but I still hate you for that." I laughed as Chase appeared behind me. "Did you guys plan this?" I asked.

"Yes." Chase laughs. "We gotta get a picture of this." Chase laughs more grabbing my phone. He takes two pictures of us. One with Ryan in his disguise, and one without it. He's all smiley in both pictures and I'm just playfully glaring up at him.

"Here's your pizza man," Ryan says handing Chase his pizza.

"Thanks." He smiles. "You two kids have fun now." He adds walking up the stairs.

"Come on in," I say. Ryan steps inside slipping his shoes off, and I closed the door. "My mom is gonna be so happy to see you," I mention leading him towards the kitchen.

"Have you told your dad yet?" Ryan asks nervously.

"No, I was going to tonight when he got home," I reply. He nods. "Mom, we have a guest." I smile.

"Well hello, Ryan! It's so nice to see you again." Mom says pulling Ryan into a big hug.

"You too Mrs. Elliott." He replies hugging her back. Suddenly the loud garage door echoes throughout the house. "Well, looks like Bill is here. McKayla, get your brother down here." She adds. I nod and walked into the living room to the bottom of the stairs.

"Chase! Dad is here!" I call out. Chase instantly comes jogging out of his room, and down the stairs. "Ready for world war three to start?" He asks.

"No," I say on the verge of crying my eyes out.

"He'll get over it." Chase sighs. "Hopefully." He whispers. Chase and I quickly get to the kitchen and see mom leaning against the counter, and Ryan was seated at the kitchen table probably having a panic attack. Chase goes over to mom and starts whispering about something. I sit closely next to Ryan and took his hand in mine.