Chapter 9 | date night

McKayla's POV:

I opened my eyes, and it was just pure darkness. I looked over and saw an alarm clock. It was almost three in the morning. I looked over my shoulder and see Ryan peacefully asleep, quietly snoring. I quietly turned over to face Ryan, and cuddled up to him, burying my face in his chest.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" His raspy voice spoke out, as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I can't sleep," I mumbled. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I yawned.

"It's alright, I was kinda already awake." He replies. Ryan was quiet for a few minutes, and then I heard him snoring again. I slipped out of his grasp, trying not to wake him again. I find my bag in the darkness and grabbed a pair of athletic shorts, and a Hendrick Motorsports shirt. I walked into the bathroom, and grabbed a dry towel, and took a shower.

After I hopped out, I got dressed, braided my hair, then put a little bit of makeup on. I walked out of the bathroom, and see Ryan was on his phone scrolling through Twitter. I grabbed my phone off Ryan's dresser and laid down next to him.

"Why you up?" I asked.

"Well, I thought you would be asleep, so I opened up my eyes to check on you and you weren't there. Then I couldn't fall back asleep." He says nudging my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I didn't just wanna lay there for hours and listen to you snore." I laughed. Ryan laughs and pulls me closer to him. I unlocked my phone and went to Instagram.

Emma Blaney has requested to follow you
Erin Blaney has requested to follow you

I accept their requests and followed them back. I make a collage of the pictures Chase took yesterday and posted them with a caption: 'So, yesterday a pizza dude was hitting on me... Then it was Ryan... Don't be fooled by my face, I still love him! @ryanblaney10 🙃💕'

I posted it. Since Ryan and I want our relationship to be private for now, I had all my social media accounts private, and then Ryan couldn't post anything since he had thousands of followers.

@ryanblaney10: I still love you too, even though you punched me in the arm afterward 🙄😘

@erinblaney: GOALS 🔥😍💕

@emmablaney: this is just too cute! 😍

@chaseelliott24: don't have too much fun over there 😠 I don't wanna be an uncle yet

@mckaylaelliott: @chaseelliott24 CHASE! Don't even go there! That's so gross! 😳

"That's just great." Ryan laughs. "Hey, you wanna go out for breakfast?" Ryan asks checking the time.

"Sure." I agreed. "Let me guess, the Waffle House?" I add playfully rolling my eyes. He nods, and throws off his shirt, and walks over to his dresser. "I know you too well." I laughed.

"Yes, you do." He smirks throwing on his Wood Brothers shirt. "Ready to go?" He asks holding out his hand. I nod and grabbed hand then we walked downstairs. "Bubba! You ready to go to Waffle House man?" He calls out.

"Waffle House? You said IHOP." Bubba asks.

"I did?" He questions.

"Yeah, last night when you got all your guys' bags in the house," Bubba replies.

"Well, I guess IHOP then. You okay with that?" Ryan asks me.