Chapter 16 | instincts

McKayla's POV:

"Come on Doug," I say as we got to the motor home. I unlocked the door and released him off his leash. He runs inside and runs into the back bedroom where Ryan was still sleeping. "Come here," I whispered. I picked him up and crept over to Ryan's side of the bed. I hold Doug over Ryan, and Doug started licking his face.

"Mac stop, it's too early." Ryan groans. I hold in my laughter or at least tried. "Mac, stop it." He groans again. "You're going to get it later." He mumbles. That's when I lose it, I started laughing my head off. Ryan jumps out of bed and glares at me. "Oh my god, was that the dog?" Ryan exclaims wiping his face off.

"Yes." I laughed uncontrollably.

"You're nasty," Ryan replies.

"I needed to get you up somehow," I say. "Oh, Rachael called and said to tell you, you have a media appearance at 10," I add.

Rachael was Ryan's current PR, and she was kinda messed up in the head. Mr. Wood said after this season, they would terminate her position, and replace her with me for next season. I didn't really trust Rachael around Ryan. She was always flirting, and a very touchy person towards Ryan.

"That's probably Rachael now," Ryan says rolling his eyes. "Can you get the door? I need to get dressed." He adds. I nod and closed the bedroom door behind me. I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Hey Rachael," I say trying to sound as polite as possible. "Come on in," I say moving aside to let her in. "Ryan is just getting dressed. He should be out in a moment." I added as she made herself at home.

"What's on the agenda today Rachael?" Ryan asks walking out. Her eyes lit up once she saw him.

"Just a media center appearance, autograph session, and the drivers meeting." She winks. My face turns so red, as I tried to hold myself back from strangling her. "So, let's get going then if you're ready." She says batting her eyes. She's really pushing my limits.

"Alright. I'll see you later sweetheart. I love you." Ryan says kissing me. I see Rachael behind rolling her eyes.

"Okay, I love you too." I replied pulling him into a tight hug. He wraps his arms around my waist, as I got a clear shot at Rachael, I shoot her a glared and pulled back.

"Bye." Ryan winks at me.

"Bye dork." I laugh. I get dressed in jean shorts and my Ryan Blaney t-shirt. I grabbed one of Ryan's hats, my sunglasses, my phone, and then started walking over to Chase's place. "Hey bro-" As I got into his place, I stopped in dead sentence. My mouth drops open as I see my best friend and my brother making out on the couch. Chase gets a glance at me and jumps back away from Hannah.

"Whatever happened to knocking?" Chase asks.

"I could ask you the same thing Chase," I replied raising my eyebrow. "How long has this been going on?" I ask motioning towards the two of them.

"Two days," Hannah replies looking down. I kinda felt happy for the two of them. I knew Hannah was a good person for Chase, and she could defiantly change him for the better. But yet, I was kinda hurt that they didn't tell me. I mean, I was her best friend, and Chase is my brother. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you-"

"No, you're fine. As long as you two are happy, I'm happy for you." I say cutting off Hannah. "I should get going. I'll see you guys later." I add walking out.

||5 Hours Later||

"Hey McKayla! Have you seen Ryan?" Ryan's crew chief jogs up to me.