Chapter 14 | a promise

McKayla's POV:

A crack of thunder roars outside, making me jump a bit. I look over and Ryan was still sleeping. We finally made it back to Charlotte, for the weekend's race. Today was the Sprint Cup Showdowns for the All-Star Race tomorrow night. Ryan had a good qualifying effort, so he ended up qualifying third for the showdowns, hopefully capitalizing on this weekend.

"Morning sweetheart." Ryan mumbles.

"Morning Ry," I replied turn my head towards him. "You ready for the race tonight?" I asked. He slowly nods and sits himself up. "We're going to breakfast at Bubba's today right?" I stretched.

"Yeah, we'll leave here in a couple of minutes," Ryan replies.

"Man, it's really raining," Ryan comments looking out the window.

"Do you think they'll cancel the showdowns today?" I ask. He nods and grabs his clothes and heads over towards the bathroom. I pulled out my phone and checked social media for a bit.

@hannah_jones: Happy Birthday to my best friend in the whole entire world. She's been there for me every step. Love you 💕 @mckaylaelliott
**inserted picture**

@chaseelliott: Happy Birthday to my sister 😊@mckaylaelliott we've been through a lot else past couple months, and you've stuck by me every step of the way. Love you, sis!
**inserted picture**

@BubbaWallace: @mckaylaelliott just wanna wish this girl a very happy birthday! Even when we wanna kill each other 😅 we're still there for each other no matter what.
**inserted picture**

@Blaney: I've never in my life have met someone like @mckaylaelliott. I love this absolutely beautiful woman with all of my heart. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. Happy birthday sweetheart and I love you!! ❤️
**inserted picture**

@BubbaWallace: @Blaney just made all of our posts look like 💩...

"Happy birthday," Ryan exclaims attacking me with kisses. I laughed and tried to push him off, but to no avail. "I love you." He smiles.

"I love you too. Now, I don't wanna be spoiled today. You don't need to be wasting your money on me." I replied.

"Too late for that." He smirks unveiling a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. "And I'm just getting started sweetheart. By the end of the day, you'll be the most spoiled person on this earth." He adds. "Now get dressed, we got a busy day ahead of us," Ryan announces.

"Alright mom." I playfully rolled my eyes. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a white tank top for the long day ahead. I went into the bathroom and changed. I curled my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail. I grabbed my dirty clothes and walked back into the bedroom. Ryan walks in and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Looking sexy," Ryan whispers in my ear.

"Back at you." I blushed. Ryan and I walked out of our motor home and walked over to Bubba's place for breakfast.

||1 Hour Later||

"Ryan, what's this?" I asked looking at a wrapped box sitting there on the counter. This guy just won't stop with all the surprises.

"Open it." Ryan smiles sitting on the counter next to the box. I set my phone down, and carefully untied the ribbon on top. I lifted the top off and looked inside.

"OH MY GOD RYAN! ITS SO CUTE!" I gasped looking at the puppy inside the box. "HOW DID YOU KNOW I WANTED A PUG?" I exclaimed picking it up out of the box.