Chapter 5 | unfaithful

McKayla's POV:

"Mac, I know this will be a long shot. But can you give me another chance?" Ryan says.

"Ryan I can't," I told him. "I already have a boyfriend. I'm so sorry. I just can't." My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw a single tear trying to escape. "Ryan, even if I didn't, I would've wanted to take it slow anyway," I add.

"Okay." He replied not looking at me.

"I'm sorry Ryan. I should get going anyways. Bye." I waved. I put the chair back, and opened the door, and took one more glance at Ryan before shutting the door. "I have to get going guys," I tell the guys leaning against the wall.

"Alright, when will we see you again?" Austin asks.

"I might be coming to Charlotte for the All-Star race and the Coca Cola 600, but I'll have to check my schedule again," I replied. "You guys stay out of trouble now," I add hugging each of them.

"Yes, mom." Dylan jokes rolling his eyes.

I leave and headed back to campus. I was still processing all that Ryan told me. I wasn't at all mad at him for his excuse. I just wished he would've trusted me more. He knows I was never the one to judge. We are all human, we go through things. I get it.

From Joshua💕: Hey babe, you coming to Nicole's party tonight?

To Joshua💕: No, I don't think so. I don't feel too well. You just go ahead and have fun 🙃

From Joshua💕: Alright babe. I hope you feel better. We'll go out tomorrow night. I love you!

To Joshua💕: thanks, and that sounds good! I love you too!

From Joshua💕: Love you more princess 😘

To Joshua💕: 😘

I shut my car door and locked it. I made my way back towards my dorm and turned on the truck race. Chase was driving the 00, and Bubba was driving too. I changed out of my clothes into some comfy ones instead. And got ready for the race.

||3 hours later||

"It's open!" I called out. The door opens, and my best friend Hannah Jones walks in. Hannah and I had a lot in common. We both came from racing families, and we both had brothers in NASCAR. She was the older sister of JGR Xfinity driver, Erik Jones. "Hey girly! I thought you were going to Nicole's party?" I asked.

"Nah. I would much rather prefer watching a NASCAR race with my best friend." She smiles sitting down next to me. "And plus you have the wrong shirt on girl." She jokes.

"Have a problem with my brother?" I raised an eyebrow. "I think your shirt is wrong." I joked back.

"No way! Erik is totally going to win this truck race. The 18 is fast this weekend." She smirks.

"The 00 is on the pole, while the 18 is sitting in the rear of the field." I laughed back. "Got ya there," I smirked.

"Fine, you got me there. But there are 198 laps, so Erik still has time." She laughs.

||last lap||

"COME ON ERIK!" Hannah yelled.

"COME ON CHASE! DON'T LET HIM DO THAT TO YOU!" I yelled at the TV. "PUSH HIM INTO THE WALL!"

"AND CHASE ELLIOTT WINS BY ONE, ONE HUNDREDTHS OF A SECOND!" Mike Joy announces.

"WOOOO!" I cheered. I pulled out my phone and texted my bro.

To Chase🤘🏻: Congrats on the win bro! I wish I could be there! Loooooove you!! ❤️

"Come on, let's take a pic, and congratulate them on Twitter!" Hannah smiles. I snapped a picture of us and sent it to Twitter.