Chapter 27 | home sweet home

McKayla's POV:

"Happy birthday!" I exclaimed running into the bedroom. Ryan groans as I jumped on him. He opens his eyes and wraps his arms around me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, sweetheart." His raspy voice echoed throughout the room. "Whatcha get me?" Ryan asks closing his eyes for a moment. I looked at him with a glare, and he laughs. He was so hard to shop for any occasion, so I got him a gift card. I asked him what he wanted, and he said nothing. If I got nothing I would feel bad.

"You got a gift card," I smirked.

"Really? That's so exciting." He sarcastically says. "I'm just kidding sweetheart. I didn't want anything anyway. I've already got all I need right here in front of me." He adds with a cheesy grin plastered on his face.

"Oh shut up." I laughed.

"It's true though. I have you, and that's all I need. I have a job I love, we're going to get married in a year, we're moving into an actual house this Friday, in 6 months we're going to have a baby. I literally have everything." He replies. I just smiled up at him.

"I love you, Ryan."

"I love you too McKayla."

||2 Hours Later||

"Alright step out," I say. Ryan slowly slides out of the passenger's seat. "I got you," I say grabbing his arm. I moved him over so I could shut the door. Lisa and I wanted to throw Ryan a big surprise party at the shop. So, I had to blindfold him and drag him to the shop.

"If I hit anything-"

"You won't hit anything, I promise." I laughed locking Ryan's truck. I take both my hands and placed them on Ryan's shoulders. I guide him through the parking lot until we got to the door. "Stop right here," I say stopping Ryan. I opened up the front door and guided him back towards the shop. We entered the shop, and everyone went dead silent.

"Can I take this off now?" Ryan asks.

"In a second." I laughed. "Alright, you can take it off." I smiled. He untied the blindfold, and once he does, he was in for a big surprise.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone exclaims. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!"

"Woah!" Ryan says excitedly. "Did you do this?" He asks.

"With some help from your mom." I shrugged as he pulled me into a hug.

"Let's get this party started!" Bubba yells loudly.

||9 Hours later||

Glen and Leonard got their TV projector out, and they turned it the New Year's' Eve count down in New York City. Some people were talking and catching up, some people were watching, and a few people were at the back table eating.

"I like that one! Post it!" Hannah says pointing at one picture.

"Okay," I replied.

@mckaylaelliott: Happy birthday 23rd to my man! Thank you for all the beautiful and irreplaceable memories that you have brought into my life. No matter what you do, it doesn't stop me from falling in love with you. Just remember no matter what life brings or takes you, I'll always be by your side no matter what. I'm so proud of what you've accomplished. Just remember, I'm proud of you and I'll always believe in you. I love you with all my heart @Blaney 😘❤️ Ready to bring in the new year, and see where life takes us this new year!
**inserted picture**