Chapter 13 | day at the lake

McKayla's POV:

"Thanks for keeping us up all night." Bubba snickers in the back seat. I turned all red and looked over at Ryan. All the memories of last night flooded into both of our minds. Chase laughs along with Bubba as they joked about Ryan and I.

"Please, not liked I've heard the both of you two late with your girls," Ryan replies making them both shut up. I laughed as Ryan pulled into a driveway. "We're here."' Ryan cheers unbuckling. I grabbed my bag and opened up the passenger's seat. Ryan walked around his truck and intertwined his hand in mine.

"Hey guys!" A guy says walking out of the house.

"Hey Carson!" The guys greeted.

"Oh Carson, this is my girlfriend, McKayla. McKayla this is Carson." Ryan introduces.

"Well, it's nice to finally meet you McKayla. I've heard a lot of great things about you. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT." Carson laughs extending his hand out.

"It's nice to meet you too Carson. I've heard a lot about you too." I smiled shaking his hand. Carson leads us back to the yard overlooking the lake.

"I've got the jet skies out, and I'll bring the boat out after lunch," Carson says. "Oh, McKayla, this is my friend Sydney. Sydney this is McKayla." Carson introduces. We greet each other, and the guys go running off towards the jet skies. Sydney and I go out on the dock and tan for a while.

"So, you and Ryan are dating?" Sydney asked. I nod. "How long have you guys been dating?" She asks.

"Almost three weeks now. It kinda seems like we've been together for a while." I replied.

"Yeah, I bet. You guys knew each other while you were kids right?" She asks. I nod. "I think it would be natural for the relationship to go by fast. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he proposed in a couple of months." She adds. The thought of him proposing actually scared me. I feel like it's going way too fast, but yet it felt almost natural at times.

"Ryan, what the hell?" Bubba laughs. Sydney and I both look up and Ryan jumped off the back of the jet ski and knees himself in the face. I die laughing as Ryan came to the surface, and Bubba picks him up.

"Nice knee to the face Ry." I joked as Bubba drove the jet ski closer to the shore for Ryan. Ryan glares over at me, as Sydney and I laughed. "Your eye is already turning bruised." I gasped trying not to laugh.

"Sweetheart, do you got any Ibuprofen?" Ryan asks holding his eye. I nod and grabbed my bag by my side. I threw him the canister, and he trudged his way up to, I would guess maybe, Carson's house. Sydney and I talked until Ryan came back out.

"You feeling okay Ryan?" Sydney laughs.

"No." He says trudging through the water to the end of the dock.

"Well, you shouldn't have jumped off the jet ski." I laughed. Ryan grabs his sunglasses and kisses my cheek.

"Thanks for the heads up." He says sarcastically.

"Well, I better get back in the house, and start making lunch for the guys," Sydney says.

"Anything I can do?" I asked sitting up.

"Plenty, thanks." She smiles. I follow her back to the house and followed her back towards the kitchen.

Ryan's POV:

"So when are you planning on proposing to McKayla?" Carson asks. As we began to put the jet skies away. That question caused all heads to turn over to me.

"To be honest, I don't really know," I replied. I haven't really thought about when, or how, or even where. I mean we've only been dating for almost three weeks. It almost seems a little bit too early... The relationship is already moving way too fast, but it feels natural. I mean, we've known each other for our whole lives. I don't know. Is it too early? "Doesn't it seem a bit too early?" I asked.

"I mean I guess. But you too have a past together. So, that is a factor." Bubba replies.

"Knowing Mac, I wouldn't think she would care if you decided to propose early." Chase comments. We all started to the house. "Is lunch ready? We're starving!" Chase exclaims as we walked in.

"Yes, it's ready," Sydney replies handing Chase, Bubba, and Carson their plates.

"Thank you, sweetheart." I kiss Mac as she handed me my plate. She smiled and grabbed her plate.

This girl has gotten me wrapped around her finger. In a good way of course. Man, when I look down at her, I see a future with her. I've honestly never have felt this way before. McKayla is unlike any girl I have ever met before. About two years ago, I let McKayla go finally and moved on. I found someone, her name was Nicole. I thought she was the love of my life. But she was only in it for the money and attention. I knew McKayla was better than that.

I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. But something is stopping me... I'm scared. I'm scared that this will not work out. She'll leave me for someone better. I'm scared she'll say no. A couple of days ago, I went to a ring shop, and bout Mac a promise ring. I didn't know how or when I was going to give it to her.

"Ryan? You okay?" Mac asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I replied with a smile. She smiles back and continues to eat.

"Gotcha thinking about it now," Bubba whispers in my ear. I hit his arm, he backs off a little with the teasing. I finally started to eat but still was thinking about everything the guys had said.

After we finished eating, we guys went to get the boat loaded off the dock, while the girls cleaned up the kitchen.

"So, what are you getting for Mac's birthday?" Bubba asks Chase.

"Don't know yet." Chase laughs.

"What a bad brother you are. Geez, Chase!" Carson jokes. "Ryan? What about you? What are you gonna get Mac for her birthday?" Carson asks. That's when it all clicked.

"I already got her something," I replied.

"What is it?" Bubba asks.

"A promise ring."