Chapter 24 | surprise trip

December 19th, 2016

McKayla's POV:

"Hey sweetheart, start getting your bags ready," Ryan says walking in. I gave him a confused look as he pulled a suitcase out from underneath the bed. He looks up at me and laughs. "You and I are going on a little trip, but that's all I'm gonna say," Ryan adds.

"Where to?" I ask shutting my phone off.

"That's a surprise," Ryan replies. I grabbed my suitcase, from the closet and laid it out on the bed. "Pack for hot weather, and for five days. Pack your swimsuit too." Ryan says knowing what I was gonna ask next. I nod and began going through my closet. When I was done packing my clothes, I went into the bathroom and grabbed a few toiletries. I stuffed them in my suitcase, zipped my suitcase up, and put my bag by the door next to Ryan's.

"Can you please tell me?" I asked laying on top of him.

"Nope!" He says popping the p. "You're just gonna have to wait." He adds. I give him my puppy eyes, and trust me, he's never said no to them. "Dear god, you're making this hard." He says closing his eyes shut. "I'm not going to break this time." He shakes his head. Over time I eventually gave up. "I'm gonna take the bags down," Ryan says trying to get me off of him.

"No." I frowned as he slips out of my grasp.

"I'll be back sweetheart." He laughs. He grabs the suitcases and walks downstairs to his truck. A few moments later he comes walking back in. "You ready to go?" He asks putting his phone in his back pocket.

"Carry me," I say raising my arms up in the air.

"You're so lazy." Ryan laughs picking me up.

"But you still love me." I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Yes, I do." Ryan smiles. "More than you could ever imagine." He smiles again setting me in the passenger's seat. "I'll be back. I'm gonna make sure I locked everything up." Ryan says shutting the car door. I picked up Doug in the back seat and set him in my lap. He wags his tail and begins licking my face. "Watch it, Doug, she's mine," Ryan says getting into the driver's seat.

"I don't think he liked that." I laughed as Doug barked at Ryan. Ryan laughs and backs out of the driveway, and headed over to probably Chase's place to drop Doug off. Ryan pulls in Chase's driveway and we both get out. I knocked on the door, and Hannah answers.

"Hey guys, come on in," Hannah says. "Chase! McKayla and Ryan are here!" Hannah calls out. Chase runs down the stairs, and Doug immediately jumps out of my arms and runs to Chase.

"Hey dude!" Chase greets.

"So, do you know where you're going?" Hannah asks as Ryan walked over to Chase.

"No, he wouldn't tell me. Wait, how did you know?" I asked.

"Let's see, Ryan called about a week ago, and asked Chase and I if we could watch Doug for a couple of days." She replies. I shrugged and looked over at Ryan. He and Chase were both whispering about something. It got me curious.
"But I'm sure wherever he's taking you it'll be special," Hannah says snapping me out of my thoughts. I nod.

"Ready to go sweetheart?" Ryan asks walking up behind me.

"Yeah. Go where exactly?" I asked.

"Nice try." Ryan laughs opening up the front door.

"Bye guys! Have a nice trip!" Chase waves and Hannah joins. I slip into the passenger's seat and Ryan into the driver's seat. "Be careful!"

||10 hours later||

"McKayla, wake up. We're here." Ryan says shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and immediately looked out the window. Ryan grabs our bags from the overhead compartment as we loaded off the plane. "Having trouble figuring it out?" Ryan laughs putting our bags in the trunk of a taxi. We get in, and Ryan tells the driver where to go.

"Yeah, just a bit," I asked as we got into the back seat. I looked out the window searching for some clue. Ryan pulls out his phone and snaps a picture of the both of us. My phone buzzed, and it was a notification on Twitter. I pulled it up and gasped.

@Blaney: Just arrived in Hawaii with this beautiful girl! Gonna be a fun vacation with @mckaylaelliott ❤️
**inserted picture**

"Ryan Blaney!" I exclaimed. "You did not!"

"Oh yes, I did." He smiles.

"Are we seriously in Hawaii?" I gasped. He laughs and nods. "Oh my god, you're the best!" I hugged him.

"Tell me something I don't know." He replies hugging back.

Ryan's POV:

I watched as McKayla's eyes wondering like crazy. She's been staring out the window for almost the whole entire car ride, taking in her surroundings. I still have today and tomorrow to make sure everything is ready for the 21st. After this trip, our lives will be changed forever.

"We're here." The taxi driver said, pulling up to our hotel. I paid him, then McKayla and I slipped out of the back seat of the car.

"I got it," I say taking her bag out of the trunk. I got mine, and closed the trunk. "Thank you, sir." I thanked him again. We entered the lobby and went up to the front desk. "I have a room reserved under Ryan Blaney," I say to the lady.

"Ah yes, room 241." She says handing me the room key. "We hope you enjoy your stay." She smiles.

"Thank you." McKayla smiles.

McKayla's POV:

Ryan hands me a card key as we walked down the hall. I stopped at room 241 and slipped the card key in the slot. I pushed open the door and held it for Ryan.

"Oh my gosh." I gasped walking to the window and looking at the view. "It's beautiful." I smiled as Ryan came and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You know 7 more months." I saying breaking the silence.

"I know. These 7 months cannot go fast enough. What do you want?" Ryan asks.

"I honestly don't care as long as it's healthy. What about you?" I asked.

"Same, but a part of me wants a girl," Ryan replies. "And if it is a girl, I bet you she's gonna be just as beautiful as her mom," Ryan says making me blush.

"Oh stop," I say. "And if it's a boy, he's gonna have his father's looks." I smiled up at him.

"Oh yes, he will." He smirks. "We got some time before sundown, what do you wanna do?" Ryan asks.

"Pool!" I smiled.

"Alrighty," Ryan replies. I grabbed my suitcase and grabbed my swimsuit. I went into the bathroom and got dressed in my black and white bikini. "Damn," Ryan says as I walked out.

"Oh stop. Look at you." I replied grabbing my sunglasses. "Ready to go?" I asked. Ryan nods and grabs his sunglasses and the key card. He grabs my hand, and we walked out of the room together.

I looked up at him and smiled. I sure was pretty lucky to have a man like him.