Chapter 12 | first time for everything

McKayla's POV:

"Hey, this week I'm taking you to the lake for a day or two," Ryan says. "Carson has been blowing up my phone asking when he's gonna meet you." Ryan laughs right before his phone rings. "Speaking of which, I'm guessing that's Carson."

"Haven't I met Carson before?" I questioned.

"I don't know have you?" He thinks. I shrugged and pulled out my outfit for the long day ahead. "Don't take too long." Ryan jokes. I glared over at him one more time before I locked the bathroom door behind me. I get dressed in some skinny jeans and a Ryan Blaney t-shirt. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and went to grab my makeup.

"Ryan!" I called out opening the door

"Yeah?" He asks appearing in the door.

"Have you seen my makeup?" I asked looking everywhere in the bathroom. He nods. "Well, where is it?" I questioned.

"I hid it." He simply says and walks into the kitchen. I followed him with a confused look on my face.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you think you need makeup to be beautiful, and you don't. You're beautiful just the way you are, with or without." He says cupping my cheeks. I sighed, knowing I was probably never gonna get my stuff back. I've always had insecurities about myself, and my look was defiantly one of them. "I don't understand why you need that stuff to make you look beautiful. You're already beautiful in my eyes." He adds making me blush like crazy.

"The things you do to me, Blaney." I blushed more covering my face.

"The things you do to me, Elliott." He smiles removing my hands from my face. "I love you."

"I love you too."

||2 Hours Later||

"Be careful rookie," I say.

"I will, I promise," Ryan says pulling me into a tight hug. "I love you M." He says kissing my forehead.

"Love you too Ry." I smiled. I grabbed his hat and sunglasses as he climbed into his car, and started to get situated. He straps in, as I secured his window net, making sure it was nice and tightly locked in. I walked back over the pit wall and climbed up into Ryan's pit box with a scanner.

"Drivers! Start your engines!" The engines come to life on pit road and began to file out behind the pace car. As they did their pace laps, Ryan radioed in.

"Hey guys, thank you all so much for all the work you've put in this weekend. Let's win this, and get locked into the chase." Ryan says. A couple of laps passed and the pace car took a diving turn onto pit road. Chase and Jimmie jumped to a lead and battled out for first. Ryan stays behind the two cars waiting for a good run. I pulled out my phone, as they started to get up to speed.

@mckaylaelliott: Cheering on my rookies today at the Monster Mile! #VoteRyan #VoteChase for #AllStarRace next weekend! Go 21 and 24!

I sent out the tweet and turned my attention back towards the race. Jimmie was sitting in the first position, and then Chase is second battling Ryan for his position. It stayed like that for about twenty laps until the competition caution came out.

"Four tires, fuel, and an air pressure adjustment," Ryan reports what he wanted. Pit road opens, and Ryan slides into his pit box. The crew goes to work quickly. The jackman drops the car, and he was off. I stand up to get a better look where he came out.

"P2!" I say excitedly.

||3 laps to go||

"Come on Ryan!" I cheered as they crossed the line with three laps to go. It's been a pretty interesting race so far. Dale and Jimmie spun each other out, Kasey's engine blew, Matt and Joey crashed each other out. Chase, the only Hendrick car left, was solidly running in the top five all day. "Keep it going, Ryan," I whispered to myself. The cars crossed the line with two laps to go. Ryan had a half of a second lead with Kyle Busch pressuring him. Every turn it almost seemed like Kyle was getting closer and closer. They crossed the line side by side with the white flag in the air.

"Come on!" His crew chief yells out loud. Ryan gets a good run entering turn two. Ryan pulled himself away from Kyle until the backstretch Kyle got to him. Kyle gets a run and slides up in front of Ryan. Coming into turn three, Ryan gets another good run, and slowly gets to Kyle's bumper. Ryan taps Kyle, and it makes him get loose.

"RYAN BLANEY WILL WIN HIS FIRST SPRINT CUP RACE AND WILL LOCK HIMSELF INTO THE CHASE!" I jumped up out of my seat and hugged his crew chief.

I climbed down and started walking down towards victory lane. By the time, I got there Ryan was pulling in. I watch as he climbed out of his car, and his team showered him with Gatorade. I pulled out my phone and took tons of picture.

@mckaylaelliott: Cannot believe I'm watching @Blaney live his dream, so unreal. Win number one for this 21 team! Can't wait to see where the rest of the season goes! I'm one proud girlfriend! **inserted picture**

"I'm so proud of you!" I exclaimed jumping in Ryan's arms.

"Won it just for you sweetheart." He smiles setting me back down on the ground. We both get on the stage and posed for some pictures next to his trophy. After the celebration, Lilli comes walking into victory lane.

"Hey, Lilli! How'd you like the race?" I asked.

"Loved it! Congrats Ryan!" Lilli exclaims hugging Ryan. We all catch up for a bit until Ryan had to go over to the media center. "Bye guys! It was nice seeing you again McKayla!" She smiled pulling me into a hug. After the media center interviews, we both went back to the motor home.

"I'm so tired." Ryan sighs falling onto the bed.

"I'm gonna take a shower before we leave. I'll be back." I kissed his cheek. I grab a pair of athletic shorts, and one of Ryan's shirts and walked into the bathroom. As I was in the shower, I started thinking about everything that has happened so far. Everything was going so fast. I kinda wish life would just slow down sometimes. I'll be graduating college in a little over a week, I'll be getting a house, and I'll be getting an actual job.

"Sweetheart, I'm gonna go over to Bubba's for a few minutes!" Ryan calls out from the other side of the door.

"Okay!" I called back. I finished up and got out of the shower. I get dried off, got dressed, and walked out of the bathroom. As I packed up my dirty clothes Ryan comes walking in. He picks me up and turns me around to kiss me.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" He smiles up at me.

"About a thousand times a day to be exact," I answer. I leaned down to kiss him, and the kiss automatically deepens. He gently lays me down on to the bed with our lips still connected. He breaks it and looks down at me. I nod, knowing what he was thinking. His lips linger down to my neck and attach. My fingers run through his curly messed up hair. Harsh marks trailed down my neck. He sits up and throws his shirt and pants off, as I bite on my lip.

"Like what you see sweetheart?" Ryan smirks.

"Very." I blushed resting my hands on his stomach. He leans back down, and his lips connect. "Stop teasing me." I moaned through the kiss. His hands traveled down and slipped my shorts and underwear off, and did the same with my shirt. His hands lingered to my back unclamping my bra and throwing it on the floor.

"Damn," Ryan smirks. "When did I ever get so lucky?" He questions.

It was a good night, to say the least.