Chapter 19 | double uh oh

A/N: Huge time skip here. Skipping to Texas race in the fall.

Ryan's POV:

"So, what brings you over Ryan?" Cindy asks. McKayla and I have been dating for around 7 months, almost 8 now. Everything has been going great. Sure, we had to overcome a few bumps in the road, but we survived. This season is more than I could've ever asked for. I have a total of four wins, and I'm in the top 4 in the chase. The three I'm competing for the championship for are Chase, Joey, and Carl. I know I'm just a rookie, but I think I got a pretty good chance.

"I wanted to ask you for your blessing." I paused. "I want to ask McKayla to marry me." I finished. Cindy, Bill, and Chase all looked surprised. Bill and Cindy looked at each other and then at Chase.

"Ryan, I think you're a very fine man. McKayla has been happier than ever. I approve. If McKayla is happy, I'm happy as well." Cindy smiles. "Bill, Chase what do you guys think?" Cindy asks looking at both of them.

"Treat my sister right, or so help me I will hunt you down." Chase threatens. "I approve other than that." Chase shrugs.

"Consider it already done," I replied.

"Ryan, she's my first child. She's my little girl. Hurt her and you'll be hearing from me. You're a nice guy Ryan, and I see how happy McKayla is with you. I haven't seen her that happy in years. I approve, but treat my daughter right." Bill says extending his hand.

"I will sir, take my word for it," I say shaking his hand.

"When's the proposal?" Chase asks.

"December 21st," I replied.

"The first-day you guys became a couple way back in high school." Cindy smiles.

"Exactly." I smiled.

McKayla's POV:

"Hey, is Ryan here?" Hannah asks rushing in. I shake my head, and she lets out a deep sigh. "Good, I have something to tell you." She adds sitting on the couch next to me.

"What's up?" I asked closing the computer.

"I'm pregnant." She blurts out. My mouth drops open. Shoot. "And your brother is the father." She adds. I was absolutely speechless at this point. I had absolutely no words. The only thought that came to mind was mom and dad. What are they going to think about this? Well, I guess I shouldn't be the one talking... I'm probably in trouble too.

"Me too." I sighed.

"WHAT!" Hannah shouts. I quickly covered her mouth. "You're pregnant too?" She whispered. I nodded.

"Keep it down will you?" I whispered. "Ryan doesn't know, and if he finds out he'll freak out," I added. Ryan and I have talked and he doesn't want kids for at least another 3-4 years. He would at least like to get started in his career, which I could understand. I knew a kid was going to distract him a bit, so I didn't really know what to do at this point. "Now how did you get pregnant?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Chase and I sorta did it after his win a couple of weeks ago." She says. "I swear I thought we used protection, but at this point, I think he kinda forgot?" She asks. "And I don't know how to tell him. He's just starting off in his career, and a child is only going to be a distraction for him. I'm afraid he'll leave me." Hannah says worriedly.