Chapter 11 | family affair

McKayla's POV:

"I don't know darling," Mom says shaking her head. "You're brother has been acting differently ever since you left for college. Besides you, he didn't have any good influences the past four years while you were away. And you know his friends were not the best choices." She explains.

"I know. But still, he should know what right from wrong is. I still don't get why he would use Kaylie just for more attention. He's better than that." I sighed.

"Well darling, we just need to be there for your brother right now. He's going through a lot. We need to love him and care for him when he needs us." Mom says rubbing my back. "You okay?" She asks. I nod. "You know what, I think we all need to talk. You, me, dad, Kaylie, Chase, and Ryan. Because we are a family, and family is forever. And we can't be constantly fighting each other on the littlest things." She states.

||Back at the Track||

"They should be here any minute now," I tell mom, pulling out my phone. Ryan and Chase were both at the garage with their teams, making last-minute changes to their Cup cars. Kaylie and Dad were coming back from the Xfinity race. I pulled out my phone and tweeted.

@mckaylaelliott: Have you guys voted for the All-Star Race next weekend? #VoteRyan for #SprintAllStar

I set my phone on the counter, just as the front door opens. Dad and Kaylie walked in deep in discussion. A few seconds later, Ryan and Chase come in. Chase was dressed in street clothes. Ryan didn't even bother getting out of his fire suit, he just sits down next to me.

"Okay, guys do you know why I all called you here?" Mom asks sitting on the end of the couch eying everyone in the room. Everyone else shakes their head. "Listen, guys, we are all a family. Some not by blood, but we're still family. Now we are going to finish what happened first. Bill, you will be fixing your relationship with your kids and with Ryan." Mom states looking over at dad. "Ryan, you never got a chance to talk, so why don't you start," Mom says putting him on the spot.

"Bill, with all due respect, I think you're wrong about me. I've changed a lot since high school. I'm a better person now, and your daughter has made that possible. I don't plan on breaking this relationship with your daughter. I love her way too much. I promise to protect her with my life and love her to death. I've put McKayla first in my life now, and she'll always be my number one priority." Ryan explained to dad. I looked up at Ryan and smiled.

"Even though I'm not technically on good terms with McKayla right now, you should see how happy she really is with Ryan. Dad, you've always complained about how McKayla wasn't happy, and you're still complaining now." Chase chimes in. Dad looks at Ryan and I almost looking defeated. He knew deep down inside that I was finally happy. He just didn't want to accept the fact that it was Ryan, the guy who abused me and had addictions, who brought me happiness again. Dad stands up and walks over to us. Dad extends his hand.

"I'm sorry Ryan. McKayla is just the only daughter I have left, and I just want to protect her as much as I can. Hope you can forgive me." Dad says. Ryan stands up and firmly shakes his hand. "Now can I have my daughter back?" Dad says with open arms. I smile and hugged him. I looked over at Chase staring at the ground.

"Chase?" Mom asks. "Where's Kaylie?" She asks again.

"She left." He mumbles. I let go of dad and walked over to Chase still staring at the ground. I hold out my hand, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure, let's head over to my place." He says in almost a whisper. He grabs my hand, and we walked out towards his motor home. Once we got there, we sat down at the table. "What is there to talk about anymore?" Chase asks.