Chapter 20 | truth unveiled

McKayla's POV:

"Sweetheart, I'm heading to the garage," Ryan whispers sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I'll be back soon. I love you." Ryan smiles kissing my forehead.

"I love you too," I mumbled. He kisses my forehead once more and then heads out. Once I heard the door close, I instantly ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. I've been lucky these past couple of weeks. Ryan leaves before my morning sickness hits me. I'm lucky it hasn't happened with him here yet. I flushed the toilet, and then brushed my teeth.

"Hey Doug." I smiled as he jumped off the couch.

I grabbed his dog bowl and filled it with his food. I set it down next to his water and he gets on to eating. I walked back and grabbed my clothes. I quickly got dressed and finished my hair and makeup in the bathroom. Before I left, I took Doug out to do his business. "I'll be back soon." I smiled down at him. I grabbed my keys and locked the door on the way out.

"Hey Mac," Hannah says running up to me.

"Hey Hannah. Have you decided when to tell Chase?" I asked as we walked towards the garages together.

"No, but I was thinking about after the race. I'm still deciding." She shrugs. "I don't know how much longer I can keep it from him. I have to do it sooner or later." She sighs. "When are you going to tell Ryan?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "I was thinking next week, but then I was thinking today. I'm just scared of what he'll do once he finds out."

"I'm sure you'll figure something out. Well, I gotta go. See you, Mac." She hugs me.

"Okay, see you later." I hug her back. I walked into the 21 garage and was greeted by all the crew members. "Hey guys." I smiled. "Hey Jeremy." I greeted.

"Hey McKayla, here's the notecard. He's been on edge lately, he's defiantly gonna need something special today." Jeremy says handing me a pen and notecard. I nod.

'A smooth race never made a skillful racer. I've watched you overcome many obstacles thrown your way race after race, and you never cease to amaze me. Win or lose, just remember I'll always be proud of you. Championship or no championship you'll always be my champion. Love you, rookie ;)'

I put the pen back down, grabbed some tape off the tool box, and taped it down on his dashboard.

"Cannot wait to read it," Ryan whispers wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled up at him and turned towards him. "What's on the agenda today?" He asks.

"Nothing other than your driver's meeting," I replied looking through the schedule on my phone.

"Good ,more time I get to spend with you." He smiles. "I gotta go debrief with Jeremy. I'll catch you in a little bit." He says kissing me.

"Alright, I'll see you back at the camper," I replied walking out. I entered the motor home lot and headed over to Chase's place. "Hannah? Chase? You here?" I called out walking in.

"McKayla! I'm freaking out!" Hannah says bursting from the bathroom. "I texted Chase that I needed to talk to him about something, and he's on his way right now. I don't know how I'm going to do this!" She cries.

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked pulling her into a hug. She nods as the door swings open.

"Hey what did you want to-" Chase pauses looking up at us. "Umm, what's going on here?" Chase asks. I looked down at Hannah, and she started shaking her head frantically. "Hannah, what's wrong?" Chase asks walking closer.