♕ Chapter Eight ♕ - Shawney!

Riley's POV.

     It was Sunday, three days after my date with Lucas. It was stuck in my head and I didn't like it. A bit. I'm not entirely sure why it's stuck or why I always end up thinking about it. It had been a successful date and that's it. I did it to get rid of him, hopefully that jerk stays to his promises.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. I had turned off my alarms clock that had been on and woke me up at 7am. I had forgotten to turn it off after my morning run on Saturday. Yes, I'm a morning person and a not so morning person. What? Sometimes I'm actually up for a run. Sue me.

"Good morning," I greet my family as I step into the kitchen. The smell of pancakes and bacon filled my nostrils and gave me goosebumps. Nothing makes a Sunday better than moms pancakes and bacon.

"Good morning, honey." Dad greets from his seat with a cup coffee and the newspaper in his hands.

"Did you sleep well, sweetheart?" Mom asks as she places the plate with pancakes on the table. I felt my mouth watering and my stomach started making noises.

"Yes, I did." I smile at her as I take my seat in front of her.

The table was filled with a bunch of stuff. Pancakes, bacon, berries, fruits, juice, even eggs. It was weird, my mom never makes this much breakfast if not...

"Mom," I say slowly as I look at her, eyes wide.

"Yes?" She says as slowly as I.

I felt my stomach starting to bubble up and I wanted to scream so loudly.

"Is who I think it is coming?" I ask and she furrows her brows.

"Who do you think is coming, Riley?" Dad asks from next to me.

I turn to look at him and he arches a brow at me, making my stomach bubble up even more. "Uncle Josh and Uncle Sha–"

"Shawny!" Dad jumps up in excitement and starts clapping his hands. He soon notice moms glare and stops, sitting down on his chair with his head hanging.

"Thank you, Cory." Mom says and dad looks up at her, smiling. She turns to me after rolling her eyes. "Yes Riley, uncle Josh and uncle Shawn are the ones coming. Josh will probably stay over for a while and so will Shawn too seeing as he is traveling around and needs a place to settle down on."

I furrow my brows. "Settle down?"

Dad starts giggling and mom hits his arm, shushing him. I look between the two of them and I see dads shoulders shaking and his face turns red as he holds his mouth closed. I smirk, knowing he will explode and soon tell me everything about it.

Three, two, one..

"Shawny is looking for an apartment in New York!" Told you.

"Cory!" Mom gasps, hitting his arm. "You know Shawn wanted to tell them!"

Dad shrugs awkwardly and starts stuttering. "Topanga honey, you know by now that I can't shut up."

"Oh, I sure know that." She says through gritted teeth.

Dad furrows his brows and chuckles. "No 'Cory honey'?"