♕ Chapter Fourteen ♕ - This Is Torment.

Riley's POV.

          "Where is Mr. Friar?"

"Have any of you seen Mr. Fiar?"

The only thing teachers would ask about today was Friar. Where is he? Is he skipping? Have we seen him?

He didn't want to attend school for five days, fine. But what was bugging me even more was the fact that all the teachers have been handing over his homework to me, wanting me to give him them.

'Where does he even live?' Was the only question running through my mind at that time.

So I searched up Zay to give him the things for Lucas so I wouldn't have to do it. After he called me it just felt weird. He didn't even talk. All he did was make me get in trouble with the teacher.

But when I found Zay he told me he couldn't do because he had some extra group after school. I really don't know what he meant.

"Just go give him it yourself, he won't eat you." He said with humor.

"God knows what he would do." The only thought running through my mind as I walk the streets to find his house.

Zay gave me directions and it wasn't that far away from school but it wasn't that close either. A few blocks away.

As I walk I think back to the phone call. He didn't talk, why? Was he just making fun of me? Did something happen?

I shake my head. "Pull yourself together, Riley. It's none of your business."

He called you so it would be.

How would that make it my business?

If he was in trouble he would call someone to help him, someone he trusts. And he called you.

He trusts me? He doesn't. He can't. I am the last person he would trust. I know that, I treat him like crap. Wjy put his trust in me?

I turn the last corner and now I was on his street.

I walk down the road until I come to a brown house with a white balcony. Number 32.

I stop right outside the house and notice his car parked up the drive way. He's home.

I take a deep breath and start walking towards the door. He won't eat you, Riley. Stop shaking.

When I was right outside the door I take up my fist and knocked.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

I take a step back and wait. I wait for a good while but when no one opens the door I furrow my brows and knock again.

He wouldn't dare ignore me. I walked all the way here to give him his school work, the least he could do is open the door.

He doesn't open and I was about to knock once again when the door swunh open and I was face to face with a tall, biffy man.

"Oh," I murmur and take a step back and just look at him. He looked huge. His eyes were red, small and he looked irritated. He wore a white shirt with a blue shirt that was unbuttoned. 

"Who the hell are you?" He grumbles angrily.

I felt my tummy bubbling and my hands were starting to sweat. I gulp down the lump that was forming in my throat and I start stuttering out the words.

"I-I uhm...I'm a-a friend of eh, L-lucas'." 

He furrows his brown, thick eyebrows. "He isn't home."