♕ Chapter Eighteen ♕ - She's Different.

Riley's POV.

          "No, Maya you can't take two and mu-"

"Watch me!" She snapped with her fingers and wrote down whatever came up in her mind. 

I rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh I didn't even know I had been holding back. 

"Mhm," Maya made a noise and looks up from the paper in front of her and meet my eyes. "Me, mom and Shawn are going out tonight."

My eyes went wide and I started smiling. "Really?" 

She nodded and laughed. "Yeah, it was supposed to be a date for...you know, the two of them." I nodded. "But Shawn and mom had talked about it and came to the conclusion that they wanted to take me with them on their 'date'." 

I couldn't help but smile. It was a big thing, a dream coming true. It's hard to explain the feeling because there were no words that I could actually use to describe it. I was beyond happy and excited for them to live a long, life together. Start a future together. Maybe even become a family. 

Mr. and Mrs. Hunter. Maya Hunter...got one nice ring to it, if you ask me.

I stare off in space and my thoughts just starts running wildly. Everything that has happened these past two months. When I ran into Lucas in the hallway, our arguments, Charlie's party, the incident over at Lucas' house.

The kiss. 

It was like a hurricane, my mind couldn't stop at one thought and let me go through the details. It all came at the same time. No time to think through anything. 

I haven't seen him, though. In days, to be more exact. It's like he suddenly disappeared after what happened. 

"Riles?" Maya was waving her hands in front of my face, trying to get my attention, snap me back to reality. 

I shake my head and blink a few times to adjust my sight. "Huh?"

Wrinkles formed themselves on her forehead as she leaned back on her seat. "You spaced off. Again." 

I look down at the paper that our math teacher gave us and heaved a sigh, "I'm...sorry, I just..." My eyes catch hers and I hesitated to tell her whats been going on. What would she says? What if she tells me what I don't want to hear? 

"I'm just...tired. That's all." I give her a forced smile, hoping she'd leave it at that.

She watched me, carefully and for a long two minutes least. It must've been two minutes that felt like ten minutes. Then, thanking the lord that the staring stopped, she shook her head. 

I furrow my brows and she snorted lightly. "No, I think it's time we two talk, Riles." 

I gulp down the limb that was forming itself in my throat, "Yeah?"

"Yes. And this time, no lies."

We were running through the hallways, turning every  corner trying to find a place where we could sit down and just talk. Just the two of us. 

To be more exact on the "running" part, Maya was dragging me around in search for a place where she could press out the information I had been holding in for over a week soon.

We reach an empty hallway where no one usually go to. The only thing you could find at this part of school was a few toilets and janitor closets. It was on the last floor of the school and the student body didn't really come up here seeing as they thought the janitor was a little creepy.