♕ Chapter TwentyOne ♕ - I Don't Like You, Friar.

Riley's POV.

When I say Lucas took me to the most beautiful place on earth, I'm not lying. It was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The moon in the middle of the sky was the only illumination surrounded by the city from underneath, Greenwich and the stars all over the sky.

We drove for about an hour and a half until we reached our destination. And I don't regret a second of this trip so far. The wind breeze, the sound of crickets and his presence – everything felt perfect. 

It wasn't your typical Cinderella Story where the poor girl that slept by the fireplace and had ash all over her face and clothes, got a glamorous blue dress, a pair of glass slippers and went to the ball where she bumps into Prince Charming. And then they dance and when the clock strikes at midnight, she runs off and looses one glass slipper that he then finds.

No. This was more like a book. It was one of those unpredictable stories where you don't know whats coming next. Will you get a happy ending? Is there an ending anytime soon? It was a mystery, all of it. But I wasn't complaining. It all felt like a magical dream. Something that doesn't happen in reality. 

This was all I have ever dreamed of. 

A boy treating me right, taking me places, leaving me breathless. I know it sounds like something a seven year olds dream to have a boy treating you right and that in this generation girls wants a bad boy turning good for her. But that would mean he treats her bad and then good. I don't want that. No girl should want that.

"What are you thinking about?" His soft tone cut the trail of thoughts that were running through my mind. 

I swiftly turn my head in his direction and blink. We were sitting down on the grass, looking out on the view from cliff. "What?"

He chuckled and let his gaze fall down on his legs that were dangling from the cliff. "What are you thinking about, Matthews?"

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh, "Nothing, Friar."

"Lucas." 

I furrow my brows, tilting my head to the side as I watched him. "Hm?"

He looked dazzled at me and shook his head, "Oh no, nothing. Just that, you said Friar."

"Yes?"

He shrugged "Try say my name."

I snorted, "You want me to say your name?" 

He looked at me, not answering my question, only smiling softly at me. But after a while of just looking me in the eyes, his expression changes and he stops smiling. He looked somewhat worried, scared. But I did notice the same strange emotion that had been hiding in the green woods of his eyes even before he kissed me that day at his place. 

He was a closed book and I wanted so badly to read him. But how many times I tried to open him, he would close up again. 

"Yes."

I raised my brows and sighed, "Okay," I let out a soft chuckle. "Lucas."

He didn't say anything, only kept his eyes focused on me.

"Was that good?" I ask with humor.

His lips started forming into a soft, small smile and he nods. "Yeah, it was perfect." 

I was blushing. I knew I was, because the heat from my heart was rising so fast that it reached my face in just a few seconds. 

"Fine," I start and smile. "Your turn."

He chuckled, letting his head fall down and shake it. "We've already tried that, haven't we, Matthews?" 

I roll my eyes. "I did it, you can do it too."