♕ Chapter ThirtyThree ♕ - Christmas Party, Part one

Lucas' POV.

"Billy," I sighed for the hundered time, closing my eyes and rubbing my hands over my face, "please, stay focused."

He chuckled, "I-I'm sorry, Luke. It's just that," he stop mid-sentence as if chosing his next words. "You know I respect you and I see you as a brother. I'll always have your back and you've told us several times to stay true to you."

"That I have, yes." I nod.

He nods and sighs, "well...your plan sucks, bro."

I send a glare his way and he raises his hands up in defence.

"Luke, come on, you asked, didn't you?" He raised both eyebrows as if waiting for me to confirm it.

It's true. I did ask. "Fine. Now, please tell me what part of my plan sucks." I fold my arms over my chest and raise one eyebrow, daring him to speak.

He shrugs, "the whole thing to be honest."

I groan, "Billy!" Running my hands through my hair for what seemed to be billionth time. "I need a plan and I need it today!"

Billy heaves a sigh and stands up, stretching his arms in the air. "Look, bro, you just need to..." he tilts his head and sighs once more, "you just simply need a better plan than the one you already have."

"And what would that plan be?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. And if you can't come up with a good plan, tell them you have lupus or something."

I went dead silent after he finished that sentence. Not because he had a point, but because his dumb excuse of a plan makes him sound three times dumber than he already is.

"You want me to tell them I have lupus?" I repeat after him, hoping he'll get the hint.

He stops and for a split second there I actually think he understood what he had said. But that wasn't the case because....

"Yeah. I mean, if you canä think of something else that you can use as an excuse." He shrugs.

I close my eyes and ingale deeply, "Billy, you want me to tell them I have a disease? Really?"

"Yeah," he draws, glaring at me as if I'm the dumb one, "unless there's another way, I'm just throwing ideas out here, Luke."

Shaking my head I turn my attention to the window in my room. "There must be some way," I didn't want to turn down Riley's invitation nor did I want to turn my back on Zay and his family. Even if I do have a strong feeling that Riley's father doesn't want me there, she does and I love her too much to see that frown on her face once I tell her I can't be there.

"If only you could be at two places at the same time without anyone noticing you leaving the parties," Billy chuckled, "but you can't because that's-"

"That's brilliant!" I scream out, turning to look at him.

"What?"

I heave a sigh and throw my head back in relief, "Billy, you dumbo! That's the best thing you've suggested."

"It is?" He asks unsure.

I nod and laugh, "yes, yes it is." Sighing, I turn back to look out the window and smile. "All I have to do is go to Zay's first, see his dad greet his mother and the rest of the family, then make up some excuse and go to Riley's and tell her I was running late because of traffic!"

Billy looked frightened, he shook his head and stood up, "Luke, that sounds too risky."

I goran, "what about it sounds risky?"