♕ Chapter Thirty ♕ - Four Stages Of 'My Daughter Is Dating Lucas Friar'.

Riley's POV. 

And just like that, time had passed by. Weeks had gone since that night Lucas spent over at my place. It was one of the best moments we have shared and my heart started to race at those three simple words that trembled from his perfect lips.

"I love you, Riley Matthew."

I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach as I thought back to that night. After we shared those words with each other, we had fallen asleep in each others arms. Thanking God that I locked my door when we woke up to the sound of my dad knocking on my door, asking me if I was alive.

But now, November was over and December had come. The snow came around the end of November and the streets were white, just like the houses and apartments. It was beautiful: winter. One of the most beautiful seasons of the year. It's cold, yes, but it is just as pretty as every year. Drinking hot chocolate with the taste of cinnamon and wipped cream on top, sitting by the fireplace or just cuddled up on the couch with family and friends, watching movies and making small talks. Coming together on Christmas and sharing gifts, eating the amazing Cristmas dinner and just enjoying the company of the people you love. Then comes New Years Eve. Fireworks, friends and family together and standing on the roof as the countdown starts. 

This year was going to be different. Lucas was going to celebrate Christmas and New Years with my family. I'd talked to mom and dad two weeks ago and I had told them about me and Lucas. Mom was happy, she gushed about how amazing and lovely it was that I had found him and how  she was even happier that I wanted to invite him to celebrate the two most important feasts of the year. 

Dad on the other hand wasn't as pleased to have him over for not only 1 feast. But 2 feasts. He went through four stages after my announcement. 

First stage – Anger. He was screaming and throwing his arms in the air. He didn't scream at me, though, he was mostly taking it out on an empty chair, calling it 'Lucas' whilst me and mom were standing a little further away from him, watching him going mad. 

Second stage – Sadness. At some point, screaming at the chair Lucas, made dad stop and just look at it for a while until he fell down on his knees in front of it, begging it to 'spare him his daughter'. Yeah, that went on for a while and at another point there were tears. Lots of tears. 

Third stage – Denial. Yup. My dad wasn't going to let these news get to him. He had taken a seat on his chair and crossed his legs and arms, shaking his head. Saying that I was just 'making a bad joke'. And as much as I tried to tell him that this wasn't a bad joke, he didn't listen. He was as strongheaded as a seven year-old. 

Fourth stage – Defeat. The last stage. He had glowered at chair Lucas and told him that 'this wasn't over' and that he 'had not won, just yet'. 

So after four different stages, dad had finally let the news sink in. But just because he had let them sink in, didn't mean he was 100% in. He, unlike mom, kept talking about how me and Lucas won't reach up to his and mom's relationship. 

"Me and your mother are 'Cory and Topanga – America's Sweethearts'."

"Nothing can be as good as Cory and Topanga. But if you'd like to challenge us – who am I to stop you?"

"CORPANGA LIVES FOREVER!"

Were some of the thing's he'd say. It didn't bother me, I'm happy dad sees his and moms marriage as the long-lasting kind and that makes me happy. What makes me even happier is mom convincing dad to let –the real– Lucas to celebrate Christmas and New Years with us.