♕ Chapter TwentyTwo ♕ - A Second Chance?

Lucas' POV.

"Morning, bro!" I say, smiling widely as Zay walks out of the bathroom in his room. 

I spend the night over, not wanting to take a risk by going home to meet my dad. I was in too much of a good mood for him to ruin it all with his drinking problems. So, I asked Zay if I could stay over. 

He rubbed his eyes with his fists, groaning when he saw me. "Stop smiling! It's too early!"

I roll my eyes and took a seat on the chair he had in his room. "Don't be such a buzz kill, Zay." 

He stopped whatever he was doing and turned to look at me with a glare. "Really?"

I nod, heaving a sigh. "Do you think she likes me?"

"Who?" His voice told me he wasn't interested in having this conversation in the morning. 

"Riley," I chuckle, looking up at the ceiling. I took in a deep breath, "You should've seen her, man. She looked so precious last night. So, so, so–"

"Beautiful? Magnificent? Innocent?" He said, heaving a sigh.

I shoot a glare in his direction, "Could you be more, I don't know...happy?"

He put down the blanket and turned to look at me and smiled. "I'm sorry, Luke. I am happy for you, trust me, some would believe I'm even happier than you."

I stood up, smiling as I peaked out the window. "Could it even be possible?"

"What? Me being happier than you about this?" He chuckles.

I let out a sigh as a smaller smile was showing on my face. "Me being in love." 

"Lucas," Zay started but I cut him off, turning around to face him.

"No, Zay. I've been a jerk half my life towards girls and I never actually thought love was something real. It wasn't something I cared about. I didn't care about girls or their hearts. But when I look into her eyes...all I can think of is her heart, her feelings and I want to treat her right." 

He didn't say anything at first, only looked at me. "Wow, Luke," he started. "You've really changed over the month, haven't you?"

"Changed?" I ask. "I thought it was just my true colors showing."

He let out a laugh and walked up to me, patting my shoulder. "That you could call it too, yeah."

"Though," I say seriously. "We cannot forget that without the bet, we wouldn't be here now."

"You mean you wouldn't be here?" He corrects me, lifting one eyebrow.

I roll my eyes, giving him a light push on the shoulder. 

"So," Zay cleared his throat. "What are you going to do now, Romeo?"

Letting out a sigh, I thought about it. 

"I have no idea," Was all I could say as I plopped down on his bed, looking into space. 

He shrugged, "There isn't much you can do, y'know, does she like you?"

"I don't know, Zay, okay?" I stand up and start walking back and forth in front of him. "I don't know if this bet even had an affection on her, you know? Did the bet–"

"Forget about the stupid bet already, Luke!" He groaned, running his hands through his hair. "Think, Lucas, think! Use your goddamn brain, man. You got it for a fUcking reason!"

I stopped, giving him a confused and surprised look. "Why so fired up in your pants all of a sudden?" 

He shook his head, "Look, the bet is long gone. It was gone the minute you said you are in love with her."