Chapter 7

After you rush out of S. T. A. R. Labs, you and Taylor go to your room and quickly pack your stuff. You got one last glance of the city through your sliding doors before you go downstairs.

-*-

"I'm gonna miss you," Taylor says. You were saying good-bye to Taylor when the train came up on the tracks.  "You have to come visit again, it was great seeing you. Say hi to your brother for me, if you can."

"I will... to both parts." You laugh. You and Taylor hug, her kind of tightly. You release and grab the handle of your bag and bord. You find a seat near a window, in the back of the car. As the train takes off, you wave to your best friend.

-*-

As the train speeds away from central city you think of your brother.

What happened?

Was it an accident?

Will he be okay?

Will he be in the hospital for long?

Will he die?

You were close to your brother. Unlike most people, you and your brother were best friends. You got along, not all the time but all siblings do that, and you went to each other for advice. You didn't know what you would do without him.

A tear streams down your cheek, but you quickly wipe it away. You were never one to cry in public. You decide to start in on your project. Maybe you did only have one sentence from Dr. Wells, but you had enough information from the internet you could finish the report.

You open your computer when the train lights shut off and the train rumbles back and forth. A wall of yellow light passes by the train. There was rumbling in the sky, lightning and soon the sound of sirens.

You try to look out the window, but you couldn't see anything.

You dial Taylor's number. It rings and rings...

She doesn't answer.