Chapter 15

You needed coffee, so you went down to CC Jitters. You ordered a coffee and sat down at a table. You watched people get coffee to go and watched the waiters and waitresses go around with orders. You saw Iris. She must have remembered who you were, because she saw you and waved. You waved back, but she didn't come over, which was fine.

You went up to the counter and got the rest of your coffee to go. Iris had taken off her apron and put on her jacket, by the time you walked outside. You noticed that Detective Thawne had come to the café. Iris came out of CC Jitters and went over to talk to Eddie, who was sitting down at a table. They talked for not even a few seconds before Iris placed her hands on the sides of his face and kissing him.

Your jaw dropped.

How long was this happening? You were confused now, so Iris wasn't dating Barry?

You walk past Iris and Eddie, and partway down the sidewalk and you see Barry. Your heart skipped and you felt yourself blush, you start to walk over. But what do you say? He looked surprised that Iris and Eddie were kissing, you decide to walk away.

-*-

You walked towards the elevated highway, where it was a less busier rode underneath, with sidewalks. You hear someone jog behind you and you assumed that it was a mid- day jogger, so you ignored it.

But you turn when you hear Barry say, "Hey,"

"Did you follow me?" you ask, laughing.

"Well, I saw you at CC Jitters, but you walked away before I could say hi." Barry explained.

"Oh, yeah I saw you too. I was going to say hi, but I felt awkward" Barry only nodded. "So what were you doing at CC Jitters?" you asked smiling when you said you.

"I actually went to visit Iris, but she seemed to be busy." He laughed, looking over at you. You laugh with him, not knowing what else to do. His smile was adorable. You were surprised with a face like his, he didn't have a girlfriend... or maybe he did, but by the way he was acting, made you think he was a bit shy and awkward around girls. But you thought his awkwardness was cute too.

You two walk for a while, saying nothing. You caught him looking at you a few times, but he quickly looked away. And before you did too, you saw him smirk, which made you smile. You talk to him more openly, your less shy side coming out. You still felt shy around him, but it was okay, because he seemed shy around you too.

You talked about you finishing your classes and soon moving into the city. "Oh, you're not from Central City?" Barry asked.

"No, I'm from Starling." You explained. Behind you, the sound of car engines and sirens blared. You turn back and look at the group of cop cars racing after a black car. One car lost control and started to skid. Barry acted quickly and grab you by the waist and jumped out of the way before the end of the cop car hit you, but instead the stone plant box behind you.

The person in the black car sped away, but you got a good look at him. He was blonde, and looked a bit like the thief, Clyde Mardon, who died  a few months ago.  A gust of wind blew your hair in your face. Barry was missing from where you two landed, when you fell, by the time you got your hair out of your eyes.

Where did he go?

The sound of shattered glass filled the air. You got up and looked around, noticing cars were swerving out of the way of something. You ran down towards the site, worried someone was hurt, especially Barry. The black getaway car flipped over on its roof. The driver was out of the car and Barry was getting out of the passage side.

How did he get in there?

Barry shouted at the criminal, and he turned around quickly. The Clyde look-alike raised his hands like the person at the bank today, and smoke like clouds filled the area. Barry was engulfed and you couldn't see him.

A car was driving, and went into the fog, an explosion made you turn away. Another blast of shattered glass rang in your ears. Looking back Barry was on the grass near the rode. Mardon-twin was gone. 

You ran to Barry, shouting, "Barry, are you alright?" He had a cut in the middle of his forehead. Other than that, he seemed fine.

All he said was, "Yeah, I'm fine." But even that was hesitant.