Chapter 24

(A/n: I don't know the timespan between each day in each episode. And I don't know if this is how newspapers work in real life I just wrote it and sticked with it.)

You were sitting down at your desk in CCPN. You were writing a minor story for the next days paper when you were interrupted by your editor.

"(Y/n)," he said standing next to your desk. "Something has come up that I think would be a great front liner. But the usual writer for major stories is out sick today. I would like to trust you to write this story for this Sunday's paper."

You were speechless. You were only at CCPN for a few weeks so far. You weren't expecting to get a major story until a few months from now. Plus there were many exceptional writers at CCPN but he was putting his trust in you?

"Yes sir, sure sir," you said. "I'd be happy to."

"Okay, great!" He said. "It's at the Amarasia Oasis restaurant. There was a freak accident with a gang members family I think. I want you to get details, and maybe witness quotes."

"Sure thing sir," you said. "I'll go straight away."

-*-

You arrive at the scene. There was caution tape and police details everywhere. People crowded to try and get a look inside. And you could see why. In the windows you could see multiple bodies on the floor of the place.

You walked up to the caution tape. "I'm sorry, you aren't allowed in here," the police officer said.

"I'm (F/N) (L/n)," you explained. "I'm with the Central City Picture news. I was sent to get details-"

"Okay, you don't have to explain the whole story." The police officer lifted the tape for you.

You walked inside and saw the mess of everything. There were paper markers with numbers for evidence and there were people being interviewed.

You looked around to find familiar faces. Barry, and the detectives Thawne and West. Thawne went off to other people while Barry and Detective West stayed and discussed.

You went around from officer to a possible eye witness, getting quotes and everything for the paper.

You got done with a probable eye witness, when you felt a hand on your back.

"Hey," Barry said. "What are you doing here?" You turned around, Barry was smiling so he was obviously happy to see you too.

"Hey, I was assigned a story." You explained. "I'm here to collect quotes and info on what happened."

"That's great." he exclaimed. "You got a story!"

"Yeah," you said. "It defiantly surprised me."

"Oh I totally forgot!" Barry said. "We still need to have our celebration on you getting your job! Guess we will have to celebrate two things now. When are you free? Maybe we could do it tonight? Or this week, whatever works out."

"I think I am free tonight, that is if my editor doesn't want this story by tomorrow." You joked.

Barry smiled. "Great," he was interrupted by Joe who wanted to talk. "Well I have to go, but I'll call you later to talk about tonight."

"Okay," you smile, he waves as he walked off.