Chapter 36

(A/n: Ya girl's back)

"He did what?" Taylor exclaimed excitedly, almost spilling her coffee over your desktop. She had her lunchbreak at the moment and since you wanted to finish your upcoming story, she ate at your desk while you wrote. Not to mention you forgot your lunch at home today, so Barry offered to bring you food.

"He surprised me with a rooftop picnic," you grinned, flustered. "It was so pretty Tay, you would have loved it. He set up a picnic table and had lights all around. The lights of the city just set the mood so well. I couldn't have asked for anything better."

"You two are so goddamn cute I can't stand it." she says. She leaned in a wicked smirk on her face. "Have you said 'the words' yet?"

"What? 'I love you?'" you chuckle.

"Yeah! You know... the big I. L.Y." (A/N: I.L.Y. is a good song by The Rose btw)

"Right... about that... I forgot to tell you that we did a few weeks ago..."

Taylor sits there wide eyed, while you scrunch your shoulders defensively waiting for the outburst that could make the entire room turn their heads. "WHAT?"

As expected a few fellow employees jump at the screech that erupted from the girl's mouth, while you sit there trying your hardest not to laugh at your best friend's expression.

"And why am I just hearing about this? Am I not your best friend?" she starts to rant. "So much for telling each other everything. Here I was thinking you trusted me, you told me everythi-"

"Tay I'm sorry," you giggled, breaking the stone face you were failing to keep. "I just haven't had the time to..."

Taylor's expression is the same one you were trying to hide not even seconds before. She couldn't hold back a laugh, laughing along side you.

"What are you two laughing at?"

You turn in your chair to see none other than your boyfriend walking up to your desk, fast food in hand.

"Well speak of the devil," Taylor says. "We were just talking about you."

"Oh, were you now?" he smiles, bending down to peck you on the lips. "All good things I hope."

"Nooooo," you joke. "I was saying how bad of boyfriend you are and how I want to move out of state because of it."

Barry clutches a hand to his chest acting like he got shot through the heart. "Well ouch. I may have to change my strategies then," at which you all chuckle at the interaction.

"I mean I might as well say 'thank you sir,' for your hard work in feeding a starving human." Taylor says. "(Y/n) here was complaining the first few hours saying death was near. By you texting about food, the mood became so much better to handle."

"I wasn't complaining that badly."

"oh you were-" "I bet you were-"

"Shut up." you crossed you arms pouting, knowing they were right.

"Anyways, I wish I could stay but you know how it is." Barry says once more bending to kiss your lips, making you smile.

He makes his way to the door, turning around to walk backwards. "Hey (Y/n)?" he says. "I love you!"

"I love you too Barry."

"Yeah, love you Barry." Taylor shouts imitating your voice. Barry shakes his head in laughter before waving goodbye. You wave back the smile on your face still present.

"Like I said before..." she smirks, leaning back in her chair to sip her coffee. "You two are so goddamn adorable."

-*-

Hey everyone! I'm BBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKK!

Wow it's been a while.. I know I keep apologizing for the wait, but I seriously mean it. I started junior year and I barely have any free time to myself anymore with having 4/5 of my classes being honors classes.

Regardless, I'm going to get back into motion with writing, I've realized I have missed it way too much. But I do have a sad announcement...

I have not have had that much motivation to write this fan fiction anymore so I'm going to try and wrap it up soon. I'm still going to be writing, if you want to check out my other stuff in the future, I just won't be writing this particular fan fiction... When I publish another story I'll make an announcement chapter on here that way you guys can check it out if you wish to.

Thank you for all the positive words and support. I love you amazing people ❤️

Gotta flash ;)
~Joslyn

P.S. Who Are You? is 16 in #secretidentity !!!