Chapter 35

February 12

"So do you and Barry have any plans for Valentine's Day?" Taylor asked blowing on her coffee. Taylor and you have finally gotten a day off in forever and you planned on hanging with each other the whole day. The two of you were walking around the city.

"Not any definite plans yet." you respond. "But since it's in a few days I may talk to him about it tonight or tomorrow... Do you have any plans this year?"

"I might..." she says, shying hiding into her scarf.

"Oooooh?" you say teasingly. You nudge her with your shoulder. "Who with?"

"You remember me talking to you about Marcus? From the sports department?" you say.

"SHUT UP... HE ASKED YOU OUT?" You say, stopping in your tracks. Your mouth dropped open, it grew into a smile. Marcus and Taylor had been talking for a few weeks, and you could tell whenever they talked to each other, they both had feelings toward the other person.

"Hey, women are allowed to ask men out!" she exclaimed.

"Okay, so you asked him out?"

"Maybe." Taylor says with a sly smile.

"Well, either way, I'm happy for you!" you say, wrapping your arm around her giving her a side hug. She laughed patting your back. 

"Thanks, it took so much effort." she says.

"You were scared out of your wits weren't you?" you ask.

"Absolutely."

-*-

Morning of February 14th, Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day and you still didn't know what plans Barry and you had. You guessed that it would be a surprise, or you two would choose tonight.

You walk into work, cup of coffee from CC Jitters in hand. For some reason you couldn't sleep the night before and the lack of sleep was getting to you. Maybe you wouldn't be able to go out tonight... you may fall asleep a bowl of spaghetti.

You walk to your desk, placing your bag next to your computer chair. It takes you a couple seconds to finally notice the vase of red roses on your desk. A box of chocolates and an envelope with your name on it rested against the glass container holding the beautiful flowers.

You immediately recognized the handwriting on the envelope, and you smiled. This was cliché, but you loved cliché. Barry knew that.

You sat down opening the card. The card was relatively small, with a cartoon of a bear holding a heart on the cover. The inside of the card the print stated "I'm BEARy happy you're my valentine. ❤️" Of course, this being Barry we are talking about, he crossed out BEARy and rewrote Barry in its place.

You laughed at his humor. Even at the littlest things, he could always find a way to make you smile. You continued to read the rest of the card, which he had written.

Happy Valentine's Day (Y/N)!
Words cannot express what you mean to me. I still cannot believe some like as amazing as you is my partner.
I hope you have a great day at work, I have a surprise for you today so be ready at 6:30 for dinner. It's not fancy so you don't have to dress up if you don't want to. :)
I love you so much <3
~Barry

-*-

Night of February 14th, Valentine's Day

"Where are you taking me? " you ask Barry, who had you close your eyes, preventing you to see where you were going.

"It's a surprise." he replied, practically pulling you up the stairs you were walking up. You could hear in his voice he was smiling ear to ear.

"Well, it's a lot of stairs. Isn't there an elevator?" You joke sarcastically.

"There is, but it doesn't go to where we're going."

At last, after a few more flights of those dreadful stairs, you come to a landing. Your boyfriend went behind you, and placed his hands over your eyes. "No peaking!" he says. You hear the sound of a door opening, and Barry started to walk you forward.

"Ready?" he asked. He was clearly excited about this surprise he had for you.

"I was born ready." you reply.

"Okay then. You can open your eyes."

You slowly open your eyes, gasping at the sight. There was a picnic table with a basket and bottle of wine. You immediately recognized the building rooftop as your own apartment building rooftop. The sounds of the city life were all around, but you didn't mind. A big smile immediately spread across your face. You turned to your boyfriend, who had a smile on his face as well.

"I know its not much bu-" he started to say something, but you interrupted him with a kiss before he could finish what he was going to say.

"Its perfect." you say.

-*-

Well hello there strangers... long time no see... 😅

How is everyone doing? It's been a while since I've updated and I'm so sorry about that. Sophomore year has been a lot busier than I originally anticipated... but hopefully with my summer break coming in a few months I'll be able to write a lot more.

One major problem is I've been having major writer's block with this fan fiction, so is there anything that you guys want to see?

Another thing... if I have an A.R.M.Y's here 😉...please tell me is I do... I have the intention to publish a BTS imagines book and possibly a full story fan fiction "collab" with my friend.

I love writing but sometimes I don't have that much attention span or sometimes motivation to write full fan fictions. So that's why I have the imagines coming out. 🙂

So yeah...

Anyways,  it's nice to be back. ❤️

Gotta flash ;)
-Joslyn