Chapter 34

You were sitting in your apartment. Your phone sits face down on your coffee table. The news was on but just as background noise. You pick up your phone and dial your brothers cell.

After picking up you hear a sleepy hello from your older brother. "What are you doing up this late?"

"Kyle... you said if I ever needed it, you would give me advice. Well... Can I ask for some advice?"

"No, go to bed." Kyle jokes, as he chuckled. "Yeah I can... but does it have to be right now?"

"Yes, right now."

"Fine... what do you need?"

You explain to your brother what happened with Barry and you the other night. You explain in detail your ideas of the Flash and why you were going to ask Barry.

"So... do you think I should apologize?" You ask.

After deep thought you hear your sibling sigh. "Well," he says. "By the sound of it, it's all up to you what you want to do. I wouldn't because that was just out of curiosity... but do you believe you should?"

"Well..."

"Listen to your gut. That's what my advice is to you."

You smile. You loved your brother. "Thank you."

"No problem." Kyle says. "Now... can I please go back to sleep?"

"Yes." You laugh. "You can go back to sleep. Goodnight Kyle. I love you big bro."

"Goodnight (y/n). I love you too little sis/bro."

*****

"Hey Barry..." you say walking into Barry's lab.

"Hey (y/n)," Barry says, looking up from his work. His smile was still the same endearing smile he always has. Same attitude about life. Your heart still skips a beat when you make eye contact.

You walk over and gather him in a hug, he embraced you tightly. You stood there for a while before breaking the bond.

"Listen Barry..." you say. "I'm sorry for the other night. I-"

"Why are you apologizing?" Barry says, picking your chin up. "I rushed out of your apartment not even giving you an explanation. Well... other than work... but the point is I should be the one apologizing not you... I'm sorry."

You smile and take ahold of Barry's hands. You look him in the eyes. "I think the both of us needed to apologize for something."

Barry smirked, as if agreeing with you, but not wanting to say it out loud. "If you hadn't gotten the call to work... I probably would have pressured you too much about the whole Flash thing." You partly joke, shrugging.

"I understand why you would ask." Barry said. "And I also know that you care about me. You are worried I can see that... you care so much for the people that love you and... that's one of the many reasons why... I love you."

Barry had just said he loved you. You were almost shocked, but you were glad to know.

Without hesitation, you wrap Barry in a tight hug, he hugs you back.

"I love you too Barry Allen."

***
Well that was a long a** time... what more than twenty days ago..? That I said I'd update 😂

Whoops...

Sorry for the short update... Imma torture you guys 😉 well I torture you enough without the constant updates 😅

I procrastinated on summer homework this last week when I thought I'd update I was doing stupid homework...

Aaaannnnnyyyyywwwwwwaaaaaayyyyss
See you guys soon

Gotta Flash!
-Joslyn