Chapter 16

The cops and firemen had shut down the area, closing it off with caution tape. You stood next to Barry when a male detective came to your side.

"Barry, are you okay?" He asked. "What the hell happened?"

"That's what I need to talk to you about," Barry said. He brought the detective over to the side, but it was no good, because you could still hear what he said. "'I know who did this... It's Clyde Mardon.'" The Detective resituated as Barry continued. "'I know everyone thinks he died after the plane crash after the S.T.A.R. Labs explosion, but he is alive. Alright, something happened to him that night... I... think he can control the weather.'"

"'The recent robberies, they all happened during freak meteorological events, and when I just confronted Mardon, the street was instantly enveloped in fog.'" The detective's face got an expression of irritation. "'Of course you don't believe me, you never believe me.'"

"'Okay,'" the detective said. "'You want to do this now, out here... fine.. Mardon is dead. There is no controlling the weather, Barry. Just like there was no lightning storm in your house that night. It was your brain, helping a scared little boy except what he saw.'"

"'My dad did not murder my mother.'"

"'YES, HE DID!'" The detective interrupted. "'Your dad killed your mother Barry, I am sorry son, but I knew it, the jury knew it, and now he is paying for what he did.'"

"'I have done my best to take care of you since that night, and I have never asked for anything in return, not even a thank you. But what I do ask now is that you for once in your life, see things as they are.'"

Barry walked away from the scene, clearing angry at the detective. Barry's father was  Doctor Allen from the papers. You jog after him, walking at his side for a while. He didn't talk, but he knew you were there, he had looked at you a few times. "Do you want to talk about something? It seems something is bothering you." You ask.

Barry just shook his head. "Joe -The detective-" Barry sighed. "He's like that." He explained. Barry and you walk past CC Jitters again. Iris and Eddie were gone. The street back to your hotel was coming up. You didn't want to tell Barry that  you had to leave, and the truth was, you didn't want to leave. You liked talking to Barry.

Though, you had to get back to your hotel to pack your bags, your train was leaving that night. You told Barry and he actually had something too. But he walked you to your hotel. A smile crept up on you as you turned towards him.

"So," You say.

"So..."

"I uh-" "So I-" you both start to talk at the same time. Barry smiled, which of course stretched your smile bigger. He had his hands in his jacket pockets, looking down at the ground. A nervous laugh tickles your throat.

"So..." you say again. "Do I shake your hand... Just say goodbye... or..." Barry laughed, and gave you his hand. You took it and shook it lightly. 

"Bye Barry,"

"Bye (y/n,)" You start to walk into the hotel entrance, but turn around quickly and gave Barry a hug.

"What's this for?" he asked.

"I never thanked you for saving me from the butt end of that cop car."