Chapter 20

You poked around your closet trying to find a outfit. You didn't know if to go fancy or what. You ended up texting Kyle for advice, since you wanted to impress Barry but didn't want to not be yourself.

You- Hey... So I have a date tonight... What should I wear?

Kyle- Wow you have a date?! ;)

You- Haha funny, but I am stressing... I need advice :/

Kyle- Ok, anything for you dear ;) First off: don't stress- go with the flow. Second where are you 2 going?

You- To the movies then to CC Jitters after

Kyle- Wow... So cliché

You- shut up :)

Kyle- wear something comfy but nice, like decent pants and a
shirt

You- ok Mr
Thx for the advice :)

Kyle- Np

Kyle- good luck tonight :)
Btw is he "cute"? ;)

You- shut up *rolls eyes*

You- and yes :)

-*-

Barry goes to knock just as you open the door.

"Oh, wow." he says, looking at you up and down. You smile, because of his timing, but your smile eases his stress. Barry takes his hand from his back to reveal a rose. "Shall we?"

-*-

"So what did you think of that movie?" Barry asked as you two sit down at a table at CC Jitters.

"It was pretty good," you say. "What did you think of it?"

"Personally if the science part was correct, that would have been the best movie I have ever seen." Barry said. "Like the chemistry part was way off. If only the main scientist mixed
- I am going to turn full in nerd if I don't stop myself right there." You laugh because you thought him being a nerd was adorable. With his cute face, who wouldn't think so?

You sigh. "So how's work going? I heard today the CCPD is tracking a returning criminal."

"Yeah," Barry says. "I mean I'm just a. Forensic scientist... So I don't get that into the investigation." Barry laugh. You giggle along with him. You couldn't get over his smile. His eyes lit up when he did.

"So tell me a little about you." Barry said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Well what do you want me to say?" You ask.

"I don't know, anything and everything?"

You laugh. "Haha. Okay, um. My name is (Y/n)(L/n) ah... I am from Starling City... And... I don't know... My favorite color is (f/c)."

"Okay, I'm Barry Allen. I am from Central City and I don't know what my favorite color is." Barry chuckles. "So do you have any siblings?"

"I have a brother- Kyle."

"I'm an only child."

"Yeah my friend Taylor is one too." You say. "She actually is a journalist for CCPN."

"Oh, then I may know who your talking about." Barry says. "Speaking of which, what do you do? Like job wise."

"I studied to be a journalist," you shrug. "I'm going to see if Taylor can get me an interview for a possible job opening."

Barry grins. "That would be cool, maybe seeing you on crime scenes." You nod I'm agreement. You take a sip of coffee and set down your free hand. Your hand accidentally brushes his and you pull back quickly blushing. He might have been blushing as well. You couldn't tell.

-*-

Your walking back to your apartment, your arm linked with Barry's. You don't even know what you two are talking about, you were just focused on Barry.

He leads you back to your door. Then comes the awkward moment. You just laugh and thank him with a hug.

"Tonight was great," you say, his arms around you in your hug. "Thank you."

"No problem," Barry said, breaking the hug to look into your eyes. "Tonight was great. And sorry I didn't say this earlier but... Did I tell you, you look amazing?"