Chapter 18

Taylor didn't believe your story. Who would?

A man faster than light? That was impossible No one could run that fast, no one could control the weather.

But you couldn't have been seeing things. That man in scarlet was real... right? Mardon was real at least, the police made you sure of that. Mardon's power must have been real, how else would you explain the bank and the other eye-witnesses? So yes, the man who saved you from Mardon was real.

You told your brother the story as he helped you pack up your room back in Starling. He seemed to be debating if your story was possible. "If the police saw him too, then yeah, he is real. Your not going crazy."

"What, if it was only me that saw him, you wouldn't have believed me?" You half-joked.

"That's not what I meant." Kyle said. You playfully shoved his shoulder as you past him to put clothes into a cardboard box.

"But I told Taylor that and she still didn't believe me."

"Well, Tay is a reporter, she sometimes has to pull out the fake stories from the true ones." Kyle reassured. You nodded, agreeing. After you and Kyle finished, you put the boxes and furniture in the U-Haul. Saying goodbye to your childhood home.

-*-

There was barely any room to move with all the boxes packed in the hallway. Kyle went to CC Jitters to get coffee, while you started setting up furniture and unpacking. You start in the living room. setting up the couch and decorations. your cell started to ring, Taylor flashed on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey! I'm at CC Jitters, I saw your brother, we're catchin' up." Taylor says. "Where are you?"

"At my new apartment."

"Come to Jitters," Taylor begged. "Maybe we could all catch up together?"

"Nah," you reclined. "You two haven't seen each other in years, you two talk."

"Okay, you sure?"

"Yeah, just have Kyle bring me back some coffee."

-*-

Kyle and Taylor and caught up at Jitters, and Kyle came back to say goodbye. You ended up taking a break and walking around the city. You were walking down a sidewalk, when you pass a building on fire. People were on their phones calling the fire department, but only police and a crowd were there. There was a gust of wind and a red streak going into the building.

Wait... Red streak?