Chapter 31 and The Book's 1 year anniversary

"Where do the plates go?" Barry asked.

"In the cupboard to your right." you say. You had invited Barry over to have dinner, just because. You had just finished up, and as you were washing your dishes, Barry helped dry them and put them away. A music station played in the background, Barry dances as he placed dishes back in their places. You had to smile.

You dried your hands, as Barry placed the last fork into the drawer, dancing to the last couple beats to a new pop song on the radio.

You watched the way he moved, quirky and fun. You couldn't help but smile. It was hard not to. He was just so lovable.

The song ended and the DJ began to speak. "Alright Central City, this next song we're going to be taking it slower with Ed Sheeran's new song, 'Thinking Out Loud.'"

The song began,and the singer's voice was the only noise in the apartment. Barry bowed, holding out his hand, like a royal.

"May I have this dance?" He asked. Barry's smile was childish and contagious.

"I think you already know the answer my good sir." You said, taking his hand. You rested your left hand on his shoulder, your other hand holding Barry's. Barry's hand rested perfectly on your waist.

The song continued, and somewhere through the chorus, your heads rested on each other, foreheads touching.
You didn't want the song to end.

"(y/n)?" Barry asked, breaking the silence between you.

"Yes Barry?" you ask.

"I've been meaning to ask you..." Barry said, pulling away so he made eye contact. "Are we... Like officially... Together?" You smiled, and he continued before you could speak. "Because I've been thinking and we've been on dates and stuff but I don't know is that like boyfriend and boy/girlfriend or-"

"Barry?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think we are?"

He hesitated, but curious to what your answer would be. "Boyfriend and boy/girlfriend?"

"Well, I would certainly hope so," you laugh. "We've been in how many dates? And had dinner, lunch, breakfast, coffee together how many times?"

"I see your point." Barry laughed. You could feel the tension leave his shoulders. He pulled you closer. "So it's official?" He smiled.

"Yeah..." You smiled back. "It's official."

"Awesome,"

"Awesome," you repeated. Your heart raced. It was official, you were Barry Allen's boy/girlfriend.

"(Y/n)?" Barry asked for you again.

"Yes?"

"My family is having dinner Friday... and I was wondering if you would want to come?" Barry asked. He had told you a few weeks ago about Joe and Iris, about how Joe took him in when he was young. You somewhat knew the story of his mother from the papers, but hearing Barry's side shed a new light on the situation. "I just thought since we have been going out for a while, I could introduce you to them, but if you don't want to or if you feel like it's too fast that is perfectly fine and I wont mind-"