Chapter 30

(You ready? This chapter has a total of 1,639 words in it.)

[Italics = flashback]

"Hey you," Barry answers on the fourth ring. "What's up? I thought you were at work?"

"Hey, I am going on a break soon, and I was wondering if you were available to meet up at CC Jitters?"

"Yeah sure, I'll meet you there in...?"

"Fifteen minutes?"

"Perfect."

-*-

Walking into CC Jitters, Barry was already there talking to someone at a table. You sneak up behind him and tickle his sides. He turns around, not expecting to see you so soon.

"Hey!" He says putting an arm around you. "(Y/n) I'd like you to meet Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak. Oliver, Felicity, this is (y/n)(l/n)."

"Actually I think we have already met," Oliver said. "What's your last name again?"

"(L/n)."

"Ah yes," Oliver nodding his head. "Your father works for me at Queen Consolidated."

"He does?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, for quite a few years." You respond. "And I actually met Oliver at a party his family invited us to. I was in high school. I think it was your family's new years eve party."

Oliver laughs at the memory. "You're making me feel old, but I remember that party."

-*-

"(Y/n)! Come on we are going to be late!"

"I'm right here Mom," you say. "It's Dad you need to be yelling at."

"Look at you!" Your mom exclaims. "You look amazing! Now if only your father would hurry-"

"I'm right here Marla, no need to fret." You father interrupts. "Well, both of you look amazing, shall we then?"

Half an hour later your car pulled up in front of the Queen's mansion, which was still decorated with their Christmas decorations. People were already inside, eggnog in their hands, most likely spiked. One of the chauffeurs opened the doors for you and your mom. Your footsteps echoed through the hall, as you entered the mansion.

The ceiling seemed stories high, with a beautiful crystal chandelier hanging in the middle. Two sets of stairs met at the next floor in front of you. Two different rooms were to your left and right.

"Mr and Mrs. (L/n)!" a woman greeted you, she had shoulder length blonde hair and was dressed for the occasion. "Nice to see you again, and this must be (Y/n)."

"(Y/n), this is Mrs. Queen." your mom introduced to you. then whispered to you. " As you already know." she winked.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," you say, holding out your hand. She took it clearly pleased with your manners.

"Pleasure to meet you as well." Mrs. Queen then spoke to your parents. "Mr. Queen would love to know that you're here. And I think Oliver is around here somewhere. He'll show up eventually."

They start to walk into the room on the right, but your dad stopped to talk to you. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, you guys mingle, I'll be around."