Chapter 29

A security guard was hit by the freeze blast. The scarlet blur couldn't get there. You watched as he ran out the kmuseum. Slowly, you turn to Taylor, who stood with her mouth open.

"Oh... My... God..." she said. "You were right. He's real." she walked over to you and looked you straight in the eye before hugging you. "I am so sorry I didn't believe you."

-*-

"So that was the second time the blur saved you?" Taylor asked, curled up under a blanket on your couch. The police had asked you for eyewitness accounts, and Taylor's grandparents had to go back home. After you were released, Taylor and you went back to your apartment.

"Yeah, but I've seen him around the city multiple times." You responded, handing her a cup of freshly made coffee. She takes it with a thank you, wrapping her hands around the mug. you sit down in the empty spot on your couch. You sank into the cushion under you.

" I feel bad that I didn't believe you ," Taylor explained. "You never were a liar. I guess the idea seemed impossible so I tossed it aside, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," you reassure her. "You don't have to apologize."

"You're the greatest friend I have ever had." She said going in for a hug.

"Careful with the coffee!" You shout, before it could spill.

"Sorry..." She apologized.

"What did I just say about apologies?" You pretended to be stern with her, but both of you bursts into laughter.

-*-

"I've got coffee!" You shout. Barry was the only one in the lab, and a smile immediately came to his face at the sight of you.

"Hey, what's the occasion?" Barry  jokes. "This is a surprise."

"You were working late so I thought you might need something to keep you going."

"So is that something you or the coffee?"

"Both," you grin handing Barry one of the two coffees you had in the tray. He takes a sip.

"Ah! That's hot!" Barry shouted. "Good though."

"Just like me?" You joked, winking at him.

"Just like you." Barry laughed.