XXII

Sorry for the late update. I'm running low on chapters and might have a small case of writers block. It sucks.

*❤️Don't forget to leave a comment and vote, it is always appreciated❤️*

||||||

*Previously on Until Dawn*

"Do you want cookies? I feel like I want cookies" I asked him. He looked at me weirdly.

"Let's make cookies" I squealed happily. I went to pull him off the couch, forgetting that he weight a ton from all his muscle mass. I pulled at his arm only to be sling shot back into his chest.

"I didn't even have to try" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and got off of him.

"Fine then bitch, I'll make 'em myself" I walked into the kitchen with an extra sway to my hips I knew he was watching me, I have eyes in my ass, I know.

My suspicions were confirmed when I felt a sharp pain in my rear. I yelped and spun around.

"Whoops, hand slipped" he smirked as he walked past me.

I was so tempted to drop kick him in the balls and whisper ...whoops, foot slipped.

|||||||

Chapter 22!

"Diego!" I cried out. I ran down the spiral steps only to clash into someone's chest. Diego towered over me, worry in his eyes.

"What's wrong, why were you yelling?" He questioned.

"Our signs are not compatible!" I wined, throwing myself at him. His body stiffened and I could tell he was confused.

"Baby, we don't need stupid signs to tell us how compatible we are" He reassured me.

"But the mate bond forces love upon others, if there was no mating bond I wouldn't be here, holding you" I complained. I wasn't sure what was going on but I knew it had something to do with my menstruation.

Immediately after I said that, Diego pushed me away, enough for him to be looking into my eyes. His eyes were hard with anger.

"The mating bond might have brought us together but it's our tolerance for one another that makes it stronger, don't forget that mates can reject. Even though it's strongly frowned upon, it still happens" he explained. I nodded meekly before pushing my head back into his chest.

We stood there, in the middle of the stairs embracing.

"I think it's my time of the month" I whispered. He chuckled before nodding.

"That would explain things" He said.

||||

I groaned in pain as another wave of cramps came crashing down on me. I was curled up on my bed, clutching onto the stuffed penguin Diego got me,

"Fuck this pain" As you can see, it hurt a lot.

I'm don't even know where Diego went off too, all I know is that right now, I'm craving a hamburger and chocolate

Diego's POV.

I hummed as I scanned the shelves for any sweets I knew Dawn would like. I already picked up a rose and a box of truffles for her, now I have to find something sour because I know she loves sour things.

Deciding on a bag of sour gummy bears, I made my way to the cash register.

I wonder if she'll like these, I thought. I knew Dawn wasn't the picky type but my girl deserves top quality.